no4 mk2 ive decided

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

marko686
Home club or Range: shandon rifle and pistol club

no4 mk2 ive decided

#1 Post by marko686 »

Ok i know some will say its sacrilege but ive decided i dont have several thousand quid lying around to buy a no4t sniper so i have the no4 mk2 new criterion barrel ,
i just removed the parker hale target sight from her and fitted valmont firearms steel picatinny rail 2016 model ,
and stuck a schmidt & bender 3-12x50 zenith on there and waiting on a walnut cheek rest arriving some time this week also waiting on the short screw which replaces the longer screw which held on the parker , sorry dont know the name of it ejector screw someone mentioned not sure .

Also for the competition coming up on sunday the 14th which if you happen to win gives you a years free membership of the club , not saying il win but intend on trying lol, lot of good shooters there.

So because of new barrel i need to zero scope in but from what im reading 2 or 3 rounds then clean leave a while same again ,
luckily i have land i hunt on and can zero there , all a bit of a rush , as on the day of the competition il have to put 50 odd rounds through her or more on the mad min.

anyone else on here set an up to date scope on a lee enfield no4 if so how did it pan out for you ?
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

Re: no4 mk2 ive decided

#2 Post by Dellboy »

interested on the scope mount i need one for my enfield let us know how it works out
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

marko686

#3 Post by marko686 »

Will do dellboy il let you know how the rail holds up :)
marko686

#4 Post by marko686 »

Wee update got license back with softpoints added , and it added to the land i shoot on , plus fitted the cheek piece so off i trot tom night to zero in clean zero clean zero till i get her right :)
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

...and how did it shoot with the new barrel?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
mag41uk
Home club or Range: Aldershot R & P Club

#6 Post by mag41uk »

That's going some - 50 rounds in a mad minute!