Best Value Scopes

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Spencer54
Home club or Range: Reeds

Re: Best Value Scopes

#21 Post by Spencer54 »

I can add to this now as I've had the Fox for a few months.

I've shot this back to back with my friends Vortex Viper, but remember again this is my opinion so bear that in mind.

Firstly the build quality on the Fox is nothing short of amazing for the money.
I wasn't expecting much as its so cheap, so that was a pleasant surprise.

My findings and these were backed up by my friend was that the Fox was fussy with the eye placement and the the glass wasn't as sharp, and also the light wasn't as good. But here's the kicker his was nearer £700.
His is better no doubt, but only marginally and its three three times the price.
So if you're wanting a stop gap like me, or just can't make the leap to Sightron - the Fox is probably the way to go.

Seems to track well and I'm hitting what I'm aiming at, so the Hawke at £350 I can't see why you'd spend the extra.
I'm not sure what you'd gain, and you might as well use the extra towards the upgrade later.

I was in Texas a few weeks ago and visited SWFA and had the chance to view their range they had a fixed power 10x42 that was also amazing for the money, but even that is double the money of the Fox.

In a nutshell, I'm really happy with it and it'll get reused on another rifle once I can make the jump.
Its a genuine bargain, at least thats how it feels currently.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#22 Post by Dellboy »

anyone got a number for fox as their website appears down .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

The Gun Pimp

#23 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Brian's (Fox) e-mail is: irvingfox1234@aol.com
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#24 Post by Dellboy »

chears e mail sent .
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

proteus
Home club or Range: Bisley

#25 Post by proteus »

I can recommend Hawke, recently bought one of their new nature trek scopes. It's very bright and easy to use, with a stay on cover. I use it for .22 @25yds as well through to TR @1000 and it does both very well for the money (a smidge over £200).

Now if I could just find a slightly better bipod that doesn't cost the earth, I'm not hugely impressed with the opticron one...