FAC timescales for Thames Valley?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Rockhopper

Re: FAC timescales for Thames Valley?

#51 Post by Rockhopper »

I had a feeling there was another step to go through before that became law?
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#52 Post by kennyc »

When through all this with my sgc last year. wallhead[/quote]just email them Andy pointing out that you should have been issued either a renewal or a Sec7 by now (although I seem to recall talk about the rules allowing them an 8 week overrun period? not sure if this has come in yet?)
the automatic reply email from them will at least prove you tried to contact them in the unlikely event that anyone asks.[/quote]

I'll give them a call this afternoon mate, had so much conflicting advice from TVP & BASC last year. troutslapping[/quote]
good luck fingerscrossed
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#53 Post by Airbrush »

Hot off the press, as I've got 'expanding ammo' they don't give it out temp certs, but I'm live on the system until 2022 so I have nothing to worry about apparently.

New FAC is just waiting to be signed off.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#54 Post by kennyc »

Airbrush wrote:Hot off the press, as I've got 'expanding ammo' they don't give it out temp certs, but I'm live on the system until 2022 so I have nothing to worry about apparently.

oops hope that wasn't my fault after the fuss I kicked up with them about sec7 being as much use to me as a chocolate tea cup due to having expanding :oops:

hope you got it in writing!
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#55 Post by Airbrush »

kennyc wrote:
Airbrush wrote:Hot off the press, as I've got 'expanding ammo' they don't give it out temp certs, but I'm live on the system until 2022 so I have nothing to worry about apparently.

oops hope that wasn't my fault after the fuss I kicked up with them about sec7 being as much use to me as a chocolate tea cup due to having expanding :oops:

hope you got it in writing!
No mate, I really can't be arsed with it.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#56 Post by shugie »

Rockhopper wrote:I had a feeling there was another step to go through before that became law?
Royal assent is the last step, her maj signs it off and you're good to go. I don't think there was anything in the bill that delayed it coming into force either.
Careful now/that sort of thing
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#57 Post by IainWR »

The bits of the Policing & Crime Act affecting firearms will require a Commencement Order to bring them into effect.
shugie
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#58 Post by shugie »

IainWR wrote:The bits of the Policing & Crime Act affecting firearms will require a Commencement Order to bring them into effect.
I stand corrected. Any hint as to when that may be?
Careful now/that sort of thing