FAC timescales for Thames Valley?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: FAC timescales for Thames Valley?

#31 Post by dromia »

kennyc wrote:according to the Shooting Show, Thames Valley have called in BASC to help reduce the waiting time to 60 days, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

lol lol lol lol That is a joke, the blind leading the blind.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by Pete »

Re sharing firearms:
Two shooters in my house, so all rifles are on both FAC's............(one FAC expires a year after the other.....she insisted on having a go, then got hooked 8-) ......)
We just asked and it happened. A lot more convenient than having to have two of everything kept separately..........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#33 Post by kennyc »

dromia wrote:
kennyc wrote:according to the Shooting Show, Thames Valley have called in BASC to help reduce the waiting time to 60 days, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

lol lol lol lol That is a joke, the blind leading the blind.
didn't see that one coming troutslapping
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#34 Post by GeeRam »

G_C wrote:
meles meles wrote:60 days is ridiculous.

You are paying for a service but not receiving it. As the service is there for the public good, not for your benefit, you shouldn't even need to pay for it.

The DVLA can keep track of 33 million drivers and 17 million private cars, issue a licence in under 10 working days and also cope with sending out taxation reminders, speeding fines and so forth at the same time.

The technical capability exists, the reason ("public good') exists, so why is the service so poor ?
I understand the point you're making but don't think the comparison really holds true. DVLA isn't staffed or run by the police and neither is the granting of driving licences. Registration of cars doesn't require a home visit by the police nor the need to check two independent references or a GP comment (for most people).
Not the case in TVP either, as haven't they sub-contracted out the whole process to G4S......which is probably why it's such a crap service!!??
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#35 Post by Pinguino »

Latest edition of BSAC Magazine March/April 2017 has an up to date chart of days taken by main forces for FAC/SGC Grant, Renewal and Variation - it doesn't make for good reading if you are in Cumbria, Hampshire Kent, Lancs, Lincolnshire, Thames Valley Warwickshire or West Mercia - absolutely shameful ..!!
Dahonis

#36 Post by Dahonis »

Pinguino wrote:Latest edition of BSAC Magazine March/April 2017 has an up to date chart of days taken by main forces for FAC/SGC Grant, Renewal and Variation - it doesn't make for good reading if you are in Cumbria, Hampshire Kent, Lancs, Lincolnshire, Thames Valley Warwickshire or West Mercia - absolutely shameful ..!!
That article made for grim reading. I have a dislike for conspiracy theory's but you would think the Police don't want us to have firearms wtf
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#37 Post by kennyc »

Alberto
Home club or Range: VPRC

#38 Post by Alberto »

Pinguino wrote:Latest edition of BSAC Magazine March/April 2017 has an up to date chart of days taken by main forces for FAC/SGC Grant, Renewal and Variation - it doesn't make for good reading if you are in Cumbria, Hampshire Kent, Lancs, Lincolnshire, Thames Valley Warwickshire or West Mercia - absolutely shameful ..!!
I got hopeful when you didn't mention Essex in your list of shame Pinguino but alas they are still the slowest. I'm on day 25 of 222.

Sent from my boing using "An application"
"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

#39 Post by Pinguino »

My bad! Sorry Alberto. At least you're under 200 hundered now :-/
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#40 Post by Dark Skies »

"BASC’s research shows the mean average for ... and 26 days to issue a variation."

I live in the TVP catchment area and long for such efficiency! :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."