FAC Wording

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

leeroy7031
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Uttoxteter Rifle Club, FCSA, Stafford Post Office Rifle & Pistol Club

Re: FAC Wording

#21 Post by leeroy7031 »

Rockhopper wrote:My ticket (initial grant) says:

"The firearms and ammunition shall be used for target shooting and only whilst a member of Staveley rifle and pistol club on ranges suitable for the safe use of that class of firearm and with adequate financial arrangements in place to meet any injury or damage claim"

It doesn't specify who has to pay for the financial arrangements. I'm in the NSRA which gives me cover but possibly not whilst plinking in a farmers field with a suitable backdrop.
The range as far as I'm aware has to be defined, i.e. safety template. The NRA/NRSA will not insure you over farmers land, again this has to be a range. BASC will insure over land which covers some or all of the financials claims, but this still isn't a range.

I think you need to have some clause over legal quarry and zero over land.

Legal boffins, others in the know or FEO to correct E&OE.
Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician ............ "Lieutenant Colonel Jeff Cooper"
Kungfugerbil
Past Supporter

Re: FAC Wording

#22 Post by Kungfugerbil »

Interestingly I just had a variation done to add some calibres for use at another club. Previously my ticket said “Whilst a member of xyz club” and it now says “Whilst a member of a HO approved club”.

I didn’t ask for it to be changed; I assume when you’re a member of more than one they put the above in to save the extra typing :)