Transparent foresight tunnels?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Starfishprime
Home club or Range: Tess Valley Target Sports

Transparent foresight tunnels?

#1 Post by Starfishprime »

Hi folks
Can anyone opine here. I shoot smallbore indoor but have just acquired a lovely PH 1200. I am thinking of changing the foresight to an ajustable iris in a 22mm tunnel. My question is, what do you think of the transparent (translucent) tunnels that are now available? Would you recommend one of these or the more conventional opaque?

Thanks

Ian
Les
Site Supporter Since 2015
Home club or Range: WRPC

Re: Transparent foresight tunnels?

#2 Post by Les »

Ian, the only advice that I can give would be for you to try both types of sight and see which one suits you better. I think most smallbore clubs will have members who use both systems, and most - I'm sure - would be happy for you to try their rifles.

I prefer the translucent, but that obviously won't apply to everybody, and I couldn't give you any particular reason why I prefer it .... I just do! ;) lol

Welcome to FBUK, btw! :good: