Changing gun - how difficult?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

Re: Changing gun - how difficult?

#11 Post by Duey »

Or you could upgrade the rifle you buy in the first place and not have to do any variations
You can replace the barrel for different profile, length, and twist, or just get new of what's already there
Triggers and stocks can be upgraded, as and when you have the funds, as can scopes

The old adage is the best one, 'buy once, cry once' but I'm sure most of us start off with a basic or put me on, to get going, then buy what we really want when we have the funds

You will only really have to do a one for one variation if you, for arguments sake, buy a Remington actioned 22-250 but decide after a while that you would prefere a Sako or Tikka auctioned rifle instead

Who knows, you may love what you buy first off, and never want to change
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Changing gun - how difficult?

#12 Post by Mattnall »

LotusMartin wrote:Yes - I mean buy a .22-250 and then at a later date sell it to replace with another.

I think the RFD were just exaggerating to try and sell me a new one to be honest, but having never been through the process, its useful to ask you guys :)
Not sure what the RFD were worrying about as you are the one doing all the leg work and faffing about with FLO and variations. All the RFD is doing is selling you a rifle and then in a few months/years time selling you another.

If you cannot sell your old one privately they may not want to take it in exchange, that could be the issue.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.