FAC application in the post tomorrow

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

Re: FAC application in the post tomorrow

#71 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

Some progress here, expecting visit soon. Currently at 12 weeks so probably another 4 weeks to go.
Hoppum
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#72 Post by Hoppum »

Took TVP 8 months for my FAC grant last year, and I'm sure that was only because I chased the FEO on a regular basis.

As mentioned they did hang about cashing the cheque!
Plecotus
Home club or Range: Monmmouth & District Rifle Club, NRA, Chepstow Rifle Club

#73 Post by Plecotus »

To my absolute surprise, I had a 'phone call from my FEO tonight and she's comng to visit on Thursday. That will be nine weeks since I submitted my application. I need to go out tomorrow and buy some decent tea and some posh biscuits. The normal junk we serve here won't do me any favours!
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#74 Post by Hrun »

Plecotus wrote:To my absolute surprise, I had a 'phone call from my FEO tonight and she's comng to visit on Thursday. That will be nine weeks since I submitted my application. I need to go out tomorrow and buy some decent tea and some posh biscuits. The normal junk we serve here won't do me any favours!
They are not coming for the biscuits.. just be straight and it will be fine
Plecotus

#75 Post by Plecotus »

The biscuit comment was entirely tongue in cheek. I've been through this a good few times before having had my SGC for way too many years. I'm only a range/target shooter so hopefully, nothing too contentious and I have nothing to hide - neither me, nor my past, are that interesting :-( I've not had so much as a speeding or parking ticket in 20 years. and only the odd speeding offence (declared) before that.

Despite all the previous renewals, I'd be fibbing if I didn't admit to being a little bit nervous though - mostly, because having got back into rifle shooting, I'm enjoying it so much and am very keen to develop and progress.

Fingers crossed and continuing good luck to the OP and everyone else who's waiting for theirs.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#76 Post by Plumose »

Plecotus wrote: Fingers crossed and continuing good luck to the OP and everyone else who's waiting for theirs.
Good Luck to you too, I am still waiting until Monday for my visit.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Plecotus

#77 Post by Plecotus »

Well, my FEO visit has been and gone. She didn't query anything I'd asked for, nor my ammunition request. Had a look at my cabinet - very briefly. Gave it a tug (the cabinet that is) and that was pretty much it.

At the end, she asked if I had anyh questions and I cheekily asked her if there was any chance my FAC might be issued before the shooting show next month. She asked me when it was and proceeded to add a note to her internal form requesting that it be issues by Feb 14th if possible. We shall see.

I will admit, it's a big relief but I won't be celebrating until I have the document in my mitt. The other good news is that she wanted neither tea nor biscuits (posh, or otherwise!) so time for a brew and a higher class of dunking than I'm used to.

Good luck again to Plumose and to everyone else in the same boat and following this thread.
Hrun
Past Supporter

#78 Post by Hrun »

Excellent..

I find the give it a tug amusing, mine did the same.. given I was unlikely to fix it with cheese, fairly meaningless unless he took a crowbar to it to check :-)
meles meles
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: HBSA

#79 Post by meles meles »

Maybe she'll give you a nice St Valentine's day present...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Hrun
Past Supporter

#80 Post by Hrun »

meles meles wrote:Maybe she'll give you a nice St Valentine's day present...
signfunnypost

Snigger..