FEO Visit Tomorrow

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

Re: FEO Visit Tomorrow

#11 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Les wrote:
Dorset_shooter wrote:For what its worth the last link in the chain was a good one.

Seems to have been a success , limited .22 holding to 500.

Im sure i can live with that though!
It sounds very promising. I wouldn't worry too much about the .22 limit, because you can always put in a variation later if you find you need more ammunition. Whether you'll get an increase is another thing, but 'don't ask don't get'. ;)

Some things aren't worth arguing at the time, that being one of them.

Now another wait for the ticket!
Rockhopper

#12 Post by Rockhopper »

Same with me but I upped it to 1000 about three months later.
Biggles

#13 Post by Biggles »

Out our way they are trying to knock every one down on ammunition at the moment.
Heard from a mate they told his gamekeeper he had to drop down to only 200 rnds of 22lr.... during a phone renewal.
Everyone seems to be getting the same... It must be one of the FEO's measured targets or something.
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

Biggles wrote:Out our way they are trying to knock every one down on ammunition at the moment.
Heard from a mate they told his gamekeeper he had to drop down to only 200 rnds of 22lr.... during a phone renewal.
Everyone seems to be getting the same... It must be one of the FEO's measured targets or something.
Lincolnshire by any chance?
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#15 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Biggles wrote:Out our way they are trying to knock every one down on ammunition at the moment.
200 is silly low, I use more than that each range trip.

500 is a compromise I'm willing to except, then up it at a later date.
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#16 Post by Hrun »

Dorset_shooter wrote:

I inderstand what you mean, but I wouldn't accept it. I but a brick of 500 and when I get to 200 ish I pick up another 500 before I run out.

Your acceptance means buying ammo in dribs and drabs or running out before restocking.

Lastly, at a recent comp I burned through 450 in a day. Good fun, but an issue if I wanted to shoot club competition cards during the week..
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#17 Post by breacher »

Hrun wrote:
Dorset_shooter wrote:

I inderstand what you mean, but I wouldn't accept it. I but a brick of 500 and when I get to 200 ish I pick up another 500 before I run out.

Your acceptance means buying ammo in dribs and drabs or running out before restocking.

Lastly, at a recent comp I burned through 450 in a day. Good fun, but an issue if I wanted to shoot club competition cards during the week..
Simple - return FAC with entries all over it for ammo bought at frequent intervals and explain that you feel you have demonstrated you need a higher allowance.

A RFD I know of used big writing on the FAC when doing entries, to fill it up faster with this in mind !
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Hrun
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: PRPC

#18 Post by Hrun »

Quite right, but you shouldn't have to.. a brick at a time is reasonable for target shooting and being able to buy more before you run out is reasonable.
Dorset_shooter
Past Supporter

#19 Post by Dorset_shooter »

Hrun wrote:Quite right, but you shouldn't have to.. a brick at a time is reasonable for target shooting and being able to buy more before you run out is reasonable.
After the hassle I have had to get this far, I'm happy to get then ticket let alone worry about ammo holdings.

That is something i can prove in time that I NEED not just what i wanted to when I made the application. I can purchase Ammo on site if needs be.
Oddbod

#20 Post by Oddbod »

My initial ammunition limit was 250 each for four centre fire calibres & 1,000 .22rf (Cumbria).