Class 1 shot gun application. Question.

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Pesty
Home club or Range: The Balby Rifle and Revolver Club

Class 1 shot gun application. Question.

#1 Post by Pesty »

Another stupid question

Do I just put down semi auto 12gauge in the variation. Or have to add class 1 or something.

Cheers
Gazza

Re: Class 1 shot gun application. Question.

#2 Post by Gazza »

I just put 12g shotgun on mine with vermin as the reason. If I were you I wouldnt put semi auto as they may restrict you to that in the wording.
If you just put 12g shotgun then your covered for that cheeky little pump action that turns up for 50 quid :good:
Pesty

#3 Post by Pesty »

Good idea.

Think I'll put 2

So basically if on the firearms seat I'm ok for class 1

The shotgun licence I'm ok for all the others,

That seems far too sensible.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

Just pick something up, there is no such thing as a 'Class 1' shotgun. There is Section 1 (FAC) and Section 2 (SGC). I'm not just being pedantic here, if you use the wrong terminology it will give your FEO a reason to question you more deeply, particularly if you're asking for 2 FAC shotguns off the bat.

If you're asking for a S1 shotgun for pest control I would be quite surprised if two were granted. If you're getting them for practical/target shotgun it will pay dividends to do some decent research into the sports. At the very least you should be able to tell the FEO about the different Divisions within PSG for example i.e. You want two shotgun slots so you can take part in Standard Auto and Manual Divisions.

Some licensing departments are 'funny' about S1 shotguns and will really press you as to why you want them, others will just treat them as any other type of firearm. To answer your original question, as pointed out, initially just ask for a 12 bore multi-shot shotgun on the form, for target shooting/pest control (and name where you'd be using it). Be fully prepared however for your FEo to ask you to specify the action of the gun i.e. semi-auto/pump-action etc. Many licensing departments insist upon it but its worth trying not specifying at first in case you're lucky enough to be covered by a department that allows you to leave it open.

Good luck :good:
DVC
hobbesy

#5 Post by hobbesy »

What Blackstuff said
S&W M&P 15-22
Stoeger Sec 1
Adler a110 Sec 1
Winchester 94 .357,
Marlin 45-70
Savage 10 FP-SR .223
AI AE .308
.357 Westlake Alpha

Have slots open for.....
.22 LB pistol
.22LR rifle
Pesty

#6 Post by Pesty »

Thanks