Applying for a variation with existing unfilled slots

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: Applying for a variation with existing unfilled slots

#31 Post by kennyc »

stuarta wrote:Thames Valley Police do not have a consistent policy, when I had two empty slots and paid for an extra slot for a black powder pistol my FAC came back with the empty slots removed, when I complained they said they were "tidying up my licence and their paperwork". I should have made an issue of it and asked for the slots to be reinstated or a refund of the fee but did not. TVP firearms dept. is so slow that just having my FAC back from them felt like a victory over bureaucracy.
I have to ask why you didn't convert one of the empty slots to the Pistol as a "one for one" which would have been free?
stuarta
Home club or Range: Bicester Town pistol and rifle club

#32 Post by stuarta »

I didn't use the empty slots as i had asked for them so I could buy the firearms when found them available, the BP pistol became available so I decided to buy that as well.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#33 Post by kennyc »

stuarta wrote:I didn't use the empty slots as i had asked for them so I could buy the firearms when found them available, the BP pistol became available so I decided to buy that as well.
in which case I would have requested their return or a refund on the charge they took from you, TVP can be very quick to put right things where they are in the wrong (I know this from experience)
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#34 Post by Plumose »

When my FAC was granted by TVP there was a minor issue, I contacted them and they had a replacement in the post for delivery the next day
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Bolte
Home club or Range: NRA

#35 Post by Bolte »

Geek wrote:
Kungfugerbil wrote:Remember that a moderator is a slot too - I’ve one-for-one’d a moderator slot for a rifle a couple of times.
I wish I had been told this. I sent a cheque to cover removing a rifle and adding a moderator. Nevermind, everyday is a school day.