Take a New Person Shooting

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

EagerNoSkill

Re: Take a New Person Shooting

#11 Post by EagerNoSkill »

Yeah and you have a reloading grunt now
:goodjob:
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Dangermouse wrote:
I find it really frustrating with rifles as my girlfriend
I would not go telling anyone that! :lol:

DM
I've FINALLY got that :oops: :lol:

Sometimes my girlfriend does think i prefer my guns to her . . . . :-P O:-) :lol:
DVC
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#13 Post by HeatherW762 »

All Home Office Approved clubs are entitled to have up to 12 guest days per year but few seem to use them, goodness knows why. Running a guest day is quite easy, assuming you have club members who are prepared to help.

The NRASC had one the other month, 22 guests resulted in 3 new probationary members and 2 full members. I made a simple rule, you bring them - you coach them, worked like a dream so plan more as soon as I get time!!

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Blackstuff

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

Thats exactly how i'd like to organise it, with the member who brings the person supervising them on a one-to-one basis (if more than one guest the rest waiting away from the firing point), and using that members firearms. :good: As opposed to a collection of guns that the guest uses under the supervision of a 'strange'
DVC
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

That is also how we did it with my old club, these days they will not allow guests apart from on designated guest days and even then they cannot shoot, only spectate which is not much of an introduction to shooting.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Steve

#16 Post by Steve »

Our club has a guest day once a month and most of those people who come have never shot anything before so the recoil catches them out,but normally leave smiling.A friend of mine came last month with his son and they really enjoyed shooting my 357 Winchester in particular.

Personally i think its absurd that the HO only lets us have 12 days a year because to encourage responsible shooting it should be more flexible.
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#17 Post by Dellboy »

I have taken a few people to my club and theyve joined
ive also taken a few clay shooting

all of them are a little suprised at the (good) reception they get and that shooters are normal (almost) people too
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Blackstuff

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

My indoor club is now running guest days every Saturday from now until just before Christmas :goodjob: Should be taking my brother tomorrow and popping my girlfriends shooting cherry the week after, giggety. :D
DVC