Rifle Cabinets

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

hepdulwich
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: Rifle Cabinets

#21 Post by hepdulwich »

also just starting up here....i am planning to put a cabinet in a spare room. the cabinet will be the only thing in the room so it won't be hidden.. would it work? as an additional measure i can also put a lock on the room door. many thanks. thankssign
Duey
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Offas Dyke, Pickering, North Cotes Butts and Grove small arms

#22 Post by Duey »

No reason to hide the cabinet, apart from asthetics, as long as it's secure plod will be happy
hepdulwich
Home club or Range: Bisley

#23 Post by hepdulwich »

Duey wrote:No reason to hide the cabinet, apart from asthetics, as long as it's secure plod will be happy
thanks for your insight!
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#24 Post by Geek »

Duey wrote:No reason to hide the cabinet, apart from asthetics, as long as it's secure plod will be happy
Agreed, I have three (two rifle and one ammo) just bolted to the external wall within one of the bedrooms. The safes are hiden from view by the curtains (location proposed by the police during my initial visit).

I used M10 bolts to fix the safes and the police were every happy with the fixings. Since they are mounted above the skirting board they did recomend (and I fitted) wooden blocks for the two firearm safes below the safes, fixed through the safe with long wood screws.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Thorney
Home club or Range: Silverstone Shooting Centre

#25 Post by Thorney »

They dont like them to be visible from outside though.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#26 Post by Gh0st »

Quoted from the HO guide lines.

"The container should be out of sight (unless the
firearm is held for display purposes). If it is in a
corner, it is more difficult for a thief to attack it."
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk