Hello and a question

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Hello and a question

#11 Post by dromia »

What is wrong with being a gun nut?

As Christel says by putting down a deposit for a fire arm you have no authority to possess you have broken the law.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#12 Post by Mattnall »

Instead of a deposit, pay a refundable fee to the RFD to not sell it to someone else.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#13 Post by hitchphil »

Plumose wrote:I had my FEO visit recently and he kept saying weapons, I decided not to correct him as I didn't want to come across as awkward but it grated every time he said it.
I corrected him! & changed the county forms to take the term out - no problems. Unless you hunt with it (& even that is arguable as hunters hunt & not to 'inflict bodily harm') , its a Firearm & my No 4 used to be a weapon when owned by the army but now its a firearm............. I do the same with Co security & public - Image is Important Prejudice everywhere.

Imho the term is counterproductive so rebut it.

Welcome to the forum
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
Christel
Site Admin

#14 Post by Christel »

hitchphil goodjob
pluginal
Home club or Range: North Coates butts

#15 Post by pluginal »

Ah, sorry about the weapon thing, I will remember in future. Ok it is not a deposit but a refundable fee to not sell it at the RFD. I just assumed it was a deposit, my bad. Thanks for the welcome guys I am sure I will be asking more questions in the future for sure.
Hoppum
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#16 Post by Hoppum »

pluginal wrote:Thanks. I have had a shoot with the Smith & Wesson at the club and was impressed. I also had a shoot with the Walther MP5 which I really liked the look of but have been warned off the GSG, Walther, Erma, versions due to using cheap materials and feed problems with them. :-( Gunshop recommended the tippman version of the AR15 look alike but about £200 more than the Smith. Still not sure how to go yet on that front. Still got a while to wait so plenty of time to make my mind up.
Fairly certain that was my Walther MP5 you tried, were you there with your friend who let me try his Mauser?
pluginal

#17 Post by pluginal »

Yes that was me. I really enjoyed that MP5 of yours too. My friend Matty said I still had a grin on my face the next day at work. LOL.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#18 Post by safetyfirst »

On the AR front, give North West Custom Parts a call, they have lots of interesting options. Don’t get a look alike unless it’s a smith. If not a smith, get a proper rimfire AR15.
pluginal

#19 Post by pluginal »

I did have a look at North West custom but if going for the AR type rifle would really want an M4 carbine or M16 looking rifle. I am not too keen on the Meccano look alikes. I agree the S&W is a nice reliable gun but it is full of holes and rails! if you see what I mean. Unless you can turn the S&W into an M16 or M4 carbine?
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#20 Post by safetyfirst »

If you want the authentic military look then a real AR15 is the way to go.

It’s only ever a handguard and stock away from looking just like an M16 or M4 carbine. Those options will in fact reduce the price of most rifles considerably.

The Meccano factor works in your favour with a genuine AR15 rifle, you can go from Desert Storm era M16 to modern race rifle in an afternoon.