Feo visit Thursday

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

Re: Feo visit Thursday

#11 Post by Dark Skies »

I agree wholeheartedly with Dromia.
I also think your list of firearms you wish to acquire and the quantities of ammunition you want to hold are pretty modest to be honest.
Of course, I'm in the TVP area, it's prudent to put don everything you want to purchase at some point because they take sooooooo looooooong to do the paperwork.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#12 Post by safetyfirst »

Looks very reasonable to me, action isn’t always specified so rifle could’ve bolt/lever/straight pull no issues.

300 for centerfire and 1500 for rimfire (you wish to purchase in batches for consistency, you are a target shooter)

I’d re-iterate the six month issue, ask them where it says this? At the end of the day you’re saving them work.

My lot asked me to put in a wish list last time to save me asking for variations three times a year!

I think a lot of first time applicants get this kind of nonsense, after a bit of time they tend to relax a bit.

Stick to your guns.

(No pun intended)
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#13 Post by kennyc »

Dark Skies wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with Dromia.
I also think your list of firearms you wish to acquire and the quantities of ammunition you want to hold are pretty modest to be honest.
Of course, I'm in the TVP area, it's prudent to put don everything you want to purchase at some point because they take sooooooo looooooong to do the paperwork.
+1 if they could process variations/renewals in a timely manner there would be no need to give a list of things you might have use for during the 5 years !
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

Rockhopper wrote:Ask for your ammunition to be 7.62/.308 and also .223/5.56
This, and change both fullbore quantities to 500.

I'd also be going through the Firearms Licensing guide for Police to dig out the paragraph number where its explained its not the objective of the police to restrict or reduce the number of firearms held by civilians (we know its true but they've got to stick by their lie when its in black and white)
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#15 Post by Christel »

The Police and Crime Commissioner for Lincolnshire is Marc Jones, a conservative politician and a shooter himself.

As you have not had your visit yet I would wait and talk to your FEO about your concerns. If you feel that your questions have not been answered satisfactory after your visit then take it further. Our FEO is a top chap who will listen to reason and do his best to make it work within the law, it is fair to say that "Zombies" as reason for a rimfire holding of several 1000s was met with a terse "no" lol

A few things about Lincolnshire...they are actively taking any unused slots off FAC holders at renewal, they will actively reduce holdings at renewal if they can.
They insist on the medical check (and subsequent fee) despite it being against the Home Office Guidance.

Their argument is that all of their antics are in the "interest of the public safety".

As BASC have not had any success with challenging Lincolnshire I am predicting their antics will be rolled out across the country.

All in the "interest of public safety".

So...back to the question which has been discussed many times on this board, how many legally held firearms have been used in a criminal activity by their owner. 8-)
Robbo

#16 Post by Robbo »

My first certificate was granted back in May/June in Cambs. I applied for 1000 22LR and was knocked back to 600, based on Cambs guidelines for first ticket. However my other quotas we're bumped up in the other direction. The FEO was perfectly reasonable and said if limits were an issue to get backing touch.

I haven't filled that slot yet so it hasn't been an issue yet. I'm only a newbie but I would echo the other contributors of this thread, talk to the FEO....

Hope it goes ok.
J4mes
Home club or Range: Classified

#17 Post by J4mes »

So he's just left.

.22LR up to 1200 to allow the purchase of 1K without running out.
.223/556 left at 200
.308/7.62 upped to 200

.308/7.62 reinstated

rifles and ammo to be listed as .223/5.56 and .308/7.62 to allow the purchase of either calibre.

I had an email today from the licensing department informing me that unless I permit and pay my GP to release my medical records within 28 days they would cancel my application. I called them and reminded them that I renewed my SGC 9 months ago so they have a current medical record. Chap on the phone told me the cut off for existing medical records was 6 months and " a lot could happen in 9 months" to which i asked what evidence has been used to set this rule. "it's just what we've been told to keep the public safe"

I told him it was a load of rubbish and that I would discuss with my FEO. He's never heard of it and is going to look in to it for me. I'll be logging it with BASC either way and making a formal complaint to the PCC if it stands.

I did shoehorn the fact that Lincolnshire is one of the worst performing departments in the country and the chap of the phone was quick to claim they've shot up the listings for applications and variations timescales. Despite their imaginary rules.

So we'll see how this bit goes!!

Thanks again for the responses.
20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#18 Post by 20series »

Good to hear, it sounds like you should be sorted.

Tbh Lincolnshire could only go up the tables as circa 2012 it was a shambles...

Remember when you get your ticket and start buying we like pictures.. no pics no guns :good:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

J4mes,

Well done you for getting this far.

Problem is that Lincolnshire have themselves covered with the "public interest" nonsense.
We are all shaking our heads here, my local club, our customers, shooters in the local community.
Nobody can understand the logic however nobody can do anything about it because of course we would all want the public to be as safe as can be.

Don't get me started on the medical... 5mith
Si-Ken

#20 Post by Si-Ken »

Put in for my first ever FAC on Sunday the 14th and they have already contacted my GP - In Lincolnshire so maybe Lincolnshire have pulled their socks up with applications!!