Ridiculous GP Charge

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Ridiculous GP Charge

#11 Post by dromia »

Looks like the payment of a Dr's fee will be mandatory at renewal time when the guidance is enshrined in law. Going against the original agreement negotiated a couple of years ago. The fee will be the same across all practices. So once a gain our worthless "national" organisations (NRA, BASC and the rest) have laid back and enjoyed a good fecking on our behalf, the gutless, worthless b@stards.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Gundog
Home club or Range: Morecambe Rifle & Pistol Club. Sedbergh Shooting Club.

#12 Post by Gundog »

I wish you wouldn’t hold back your feelings so much, please just say what you mean.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

Gundog wrote:I wish you wouldn’t hold back your feelings so much, please just say what you mean.
He did hold back :)
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

christel wrote: He did hold back :)
And then some!

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!

RDC

#15 Post by RDC »

Gundog wrote:I don’t pay anything to a GP, reason being ethically they refuse!

Then again I have no need, if the firearms department want any details about my mental health they contact the surgery themselves leaving me totally out of the equation.
If you are under Lancs, they will no longer contact the GP themselves.

"Lancashire Police will no longer request or pay the costs for medical reports. We are now seeking applicants to obtain medical reports only as described to determine your fitness to hold a licence. Therefore, any cost incurred must be agreed and settled between you and your General Practitioner."

https://www.lancashire.police.uk/contac ... licensing/
Gundog

#16 Post by Gundog »

No I’m not licensed under Lancashire even though I belong to a Lancashire based club.
The Lancashire firearms department since 1997 has always been extremely cautious in the extreme to the extent of perhaps overstepping the mark in some cases in the past, I don’t know if they are anymore lenient nowadays?
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#17 Post by Lancs Lad »

I recently renewed with Lancs and there was no drama at all.
I don't suffer from any of the conditions listed in the guidance and the overall process took around 8 weeks. Bearing in mind that this time scale included the Christmas holiday period I'm not complaining.
The FEO (a young lady) was both friendly and business-like and she has plenty of energy about her.

Regards ... LL
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#18 Post by Dark Skies »

Gundog wrote:I wish you wouldn’t hold back your feelings so much, please just say what you mean.
He's a Scot - they always keep their emotions in close check. You'll have to catch him in his cups to get a glimmer of how he really feels. :)
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Gundog

#19 Post by Gundog »

[quote="Lancs Lad"]I recently renewed with Lancs and there was no drama at all.
I don't suffer from any of the conditions listed in the guidance and the overall process took around 8 weeks. Bearing in mind that this time scale included the Christmas holiday period I'm not complaining.
The FEO (a young lady) was both friendly and business-like and she has plenty of energy about her.

That’s good to know, but I do know of friends under Lancashire who in the past did have concerns, next time I see them I will ask about their current situation.
But thank you for letting me know.
dromia
Site Admin

#20 Post by dromia »

This will not last for long, the current proposed legislation, agreed to by our "national" bodies will mean that FAC holders and aspirants will have to pay their GP a nationally agreed fee for a medical report to be submitted with their application/renewal, this will be law and not interpretation of the guidance.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad

Fecking stones

Cow's farts matter!