Rifle Recommendations

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

Re: Rifle Recommendations

#21 Post by DaveB »

Ah yes, the black rifle=bad brigade are alive and well.
Matt101
Home club or Range: Kingsbury

#22 Post by Matt101 »

I'm in the same boat in that I'm waiting for my FAC.

2 rifles I have listed are....

CZ455 Thumbhole in .22LR. Reason being I have shot a few .22lr at the club and find this the most comfortable for me. Due to an injury to my wrist I have issues 'rolling' my wrist forward so a traditional stock causes me issues after a while so detracts from my enjoyment of the days shooting.

Tikka T3X Tac A1 in .308. Love the looks. Gets good reviews. Has the pistol style grip I like for same reason as the thumbhole. Can be adapted in lots of ways.

Saying that I have had a shoot with a Bergara last weekend and was shocked at how accurate it was. Now maybe if I could find a stock swap that may find itself on the list.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#23 Post by DaveB »

I love my Bergara B14 HMR. A chassis conversion may be in its future, after I get one for the Remington 700 SPS Tactical. Like most people I have to do these things in stages.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#24 Post by Pippin89 »

DaveB wrote:I love my Bergara B14 HMR. A chassis conversion may be in its future, after I get one for the Remington 700 SPS Tactical. Like most people I have to do these things in stages.
That's a nice looking rifle. One to save and look at later!
DaveB

#25 Post by DaveB »

I have a Trigger Tech trigger on my Remington 700 which is great, so that will probably be the first upgrade to the Bergara. Not that there is anything wrong with their production trigger, but I just like Trigger Tech more. https://triggertech.com/ That 'frictionless release' of theirs is just so smooth.