First rifle purchase advice!

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

Re: First rifle purchase advice!

#11 Post by Plumose »

I have a Sabatti, and think it is great. I have only had it out a few times, and to a max. of 600 yards.

I preferred the feel of it to the Ruger PR, everything felt just a bit more well made with less rattle.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Hixus
Home club or Range: Range

#12 Post by Hixus »

Thanks for your help, one of the members of my local club was selling his Bergara B14 immaculate condition with low round count so made him an offer.

At my local range 6.5mm ammo is popular so it’s easy to get hold of which is ideal otherwise I would of considered a .308
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by Pete »

If the quality of Bergara barrels (I have three) is anything to go by, you've made a very good call.........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Hixus
Home club or Range: Range

#14 Post by Hixus »

Fortunately for me it was brought down to the range prior to buying. So I could get a feel for it as well as being able to shoot his custom home loads and factory loads. I liked everything about it the trigger was light the stock was comfortable and it looked decent. One happy customer!