The clock is ticking....

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: The clock is ticking....

#21 Post by BamBam »

Pippin89 wrote:
christel wrote:Well done you goodjob
Thanks Christel. I was fully expecting her to question me requesting 1200 .22LR but she didn't even mention it.
Christel
Site Admin

#22 Post by Christel »

Yeah, as BamBam says it is not a lot.

You can easily go through that in no time, buying two slaps and with what you have at home it is easy to go over the limit.

However as a first time applicant it is an ok amount to ask for.

I know various police forces are trying their best to get numbers down. At renewal it is often we see numbers being reduced.

Another thing to be aware of is powder holding. As an individual you can hold 15 kilos which sounds like a lot however it does mean everything, all the powder you have and whatever is inside individual rounds.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#23 Post by Pippin89 »

Yeah I'm sure most more experienced people have far more than that but as you say a first time applicant... There are lots of posts on here about people asking for 1200-1500 and being knocked down so I'm happy I wasn't. If it was questioned I was going to make the point that one of the .22's I have listed is for a single shot and the other is for a semi and I would use different ammo in each so it is basically 600 for each. But no need to explain it apparently.
kevinww

#24 Post by kevinww »

A week or two until your bank balance starts diminishing !!
Pippin89

#25 Post by Pippin89 »

kevinww wrote:A week or two until your bank balance starts diminishing !!
Sounds about right. I sold my RS6 to fund shooting though so its not going to eat into my savings. At least not to begin with! haha
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#26 Post by CraigH »

Pippin89 wrote:Yeah I'm sure most more experienced people have far more than that but as you say a first time applicant... There are lots of posts on here about people asking for 1200-1500 and being knocked down so I'm happy I wasn't. If it was questioned I was going to make the point that one of the .22's I have listed is for a single shot and the other is for a semi and I would use different ammo in each so it is basically 600 for each. But no need to explain it apparently.
I don't think you have done too badly - I put in for 1500 and got knocked down to 600
MarkW
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club

#27 Post by MarkW »

I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
When I've checked online A&S seem to take about 14 weeks. Perhaps it's because were such a rural force everyman and his dog wants a SGC. Here's hoping the cabinet arrives quickly so I can get it all done. The 14 weeks is Dec 28th so a bit of time yet
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#28 Post by Gh0st »

MarkW wrote:I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
When I've checked online A&S seem to take about 14 weeks. Perhaps it's because were such a rural force everyman and his dog wants a SGC. Here's hoping the cabinet arrives quickly so I can get it all done. The 14 weeks is Dec 28th so a bit of time yet
Nope it’s because they are under staffed. That’s what they are telling people who are putting in variations and taking 8 weeks.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Christel
Site Admin

#29 Post by Christel »

MarkW wrote:I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
Don't be surprised if the visit happens in the new year as Christmas is always full of delays.
Pippin89

#30 Post by Pippin89 »

I made sure my cabinet was in and installed before I applied. I had 6 months doing a probationary membership at the rifle club anyway so I had plenty of time. 14 weeks is a long time but not as long as some. Essex is the worst from memory!