The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:47 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:23 pm
Posts: 2532
Location: Rossendale
Pippin89 wrote:
christel wrote:
Well done you goodjob


Thanks Christel. I was fully expecting her to question me requesting 1200 .22LR but she didn't even mention it.


Image

_________________
Bambam® has always done his own stunts.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 15667
Location: The Lincolnshire Wolds
Home club or Range: Hemswell Shooting Club, North Cotes Butts, Grove Small Arms
Yeah, as BamBam says it is not a lot.

You can easily go through that in no time, buying two slaps and with what you have at home it is easy to go over the limit.

However as a first time applicant it is an ok amount to ask for.

I know various police forces are trying their best to get numbers down. At renewal it is often we see numbers being reduced.

Another thing to be aware of is powder holding. As an individual you can hold 15 kilos which sounds like a lot however it does mean everything, all the powder you have and whatever is inside individual rounds.

_________________
Freedom of speech is a protected right - the feelings of snowflakes are not.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 355
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Yeah I'm sure most more experienced people have far more than that but as you say a first time applicant... There are lots of posts on here about people asking for 1200-1500 and being knocked down so I'm happy I wasn't. If it was questioned I was going to make the point that one of the .22's I have listed is for a single shot and the other is for a semi and I would use different ammo in each so it is basically 600 for each. But no need to explain it apparently.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:42 am
Posts: 127
A week or two until your bank balance starts diminishing !!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 355
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
kevinww wrote:
A week or two until your bank balance starts diminishing !!


Sounds about right. I sold my RS6 to fund shooting though so its not going to eat into my savings. At least not to begin with! haha


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:31 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter Since 2019

Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 am
Posts: 79
Location: Newcastle
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland
Pippin89 wrote:
Yeah I'm sure most more experienced people have far more than that but as you say a first time applicant... There are lots of posts on here about people asking for 1200-1500 and being knocked down so I'm happy I wasn't. If it was questioned I was going to make the point that one of the .22's I have listed is for a single shot and the other is for a semi and I would use different ammo in each so it is basically 600 for each. But no need to explain it apparently.


I don't think you have done too badly - I put in for 1500 and got knocked down to 600


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:52 pm 
Offline
Site Supporter 2020

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:03 pm
Posts: 46
Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
When I've checked online A&S seem to take about 14 weeks. Perhaps it's because were such a rural force everyman and his dog wants a SGC. Here's hoping the cabinet arrives quickly so I can get it all done. The 14 weeks is Dec 28th so a bit of time yet


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:30 am
Posts: 753
Location: West Country
Home club or Range: FDPC
MarkW wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
When I've checked online A&S seem to take about 14 weeks. Perhaps it's because were such a rural force everyman and his dog wants a SGC. Here's hoping the cabinet arrives quickly so I can get it all done. The 14 weeks is Dec 28th so a bit of time yet


Nope it’s because they are under staffed. That’s what they are telling people who are putting in variations and taking 8 weeks.

_________________
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:59 am 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:52 pm
Posts: 15667
Location: The Lincolnshire Wolds
Home club or Range: Hemswell Shooting Club, North Cotes Butts, Grove Small Arms
MarkW wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
When I've checked online A&S seem to take about 14 weeks. Perhaps it's because were such a rural force everyman and his dog wants a SGC. Here's hoping the cabinet arrives quickly so I can get it all done. The 14 weeks is Dec 28th so a bit of time yet


Don't be surprised if the visit happens in the new year as Christmas is always full of delays.

_________________
Freedom of speech is a protected right - the feelings of snowflakes are not.


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
Posts: 355
Location: West Sussex, UK
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
MarkW wrote:
I'm in the same boat. I completed my SGC online. I'm in Avon & Somerset if that makes a difference. Payment made at time of submission. Sept 20th, Had to pay my Dr's letter bill on 3 Oct. Had a call from the Police team on 9th of Oct about organising a home visit. But our cabinet hasn't been delivered yet, so I've put them off.
When I've checked online A&S seem to take about 14 weeks. Perhaps it's because were such a rural force everyman and his dog wants a SGC. Here's hoping the cabinet arrives quickly so I can get it all done. The 14 weeks is Dec 28th so a bit of time yet


I made sure my cabinet was in and installed before I applied. I had 6 months doing a probationary membership at the rifle club anyway so I had plenty of time. 14 weeks is a long time but not as long as some. Essex is the worst from memory!


Top
 Profile Send private message  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group