The UK's Finest Independent Forum for Shooters and Gun Owners. Est 2010.

Supporting all legal firearm owners, collectors, enthusiasts, shooters and competitors by promoting and encouraging legitimate gun ownership and use in the UK through unity, advocacy and discussion. To REGISTER contact admin(at)full-bore.co.uk
It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:45 am 
Site Supporter Since 2015

Home club or Range: Hemswell Shooting Club. North Coates Butts UK. Grove Small Arms, Barton Road UK. Ulfborg Skyttecenter DK. BASC Trade Member
I think I have 1200LR on my ticket, I did push it on one visit and even suggested zombies as good reason but to no avail. My biggest issue, as pointed out by my FEO is we have many thousands of rounds of rimfire in the armoury so I am never going to get past 1200 when he knows I can just sign another slab onto my ticket at any time of the day.

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Binbrook UK Live Weather

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:03 am 
Site Supporter 2020

Home club or Range: Mendip Shooting Club
I thought with all the scare storys that I'd have ages to sort it out. But then it happened so quick, it's put me in a bit of a tailspin. I'm sure it'll be all right in the end

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:09 am 

Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club
Ovenpaa wrote:
I think I have 1200LR on my ticket, I did push it on one visit and even suggested zombies as good reason but to no avail. My biggest issue, as pointed out by my FEO is we have many thousands of rounds of rimfire in the armoury so I am never going to get past 1200 when he knows I can just sign another slab onto my ticket at any time of the day.

The benefit of being an RFD! You can't fault their logic on that one I guess....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:12 am 

MarkW wrote:
I thought with all the scare storys that I'd have ages to sort it out. But then it happened so quick, it's put me in a bit of a tailspin. I'm sure it'll be all right in the end

It might be that someone nearby you had an appointment booked so it was a good time to do 2 in one rather than travelling to your area twice. There was a story I heard (possibly on here) of a poor guy who had applied but he was an hour or so from his FEO. So the FEO didn't have time to go to him for 1 appointment so they said he would have to wait until someone else in his area applied. Where you are makes a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:35 am 
Site Supporter 2020

I'm hoping it's not like that. We are in a corner of Somerset which is about 1 1/2 hr from their office, so I' sort of hoping that as we've both applied for SGC they'd do us both at the same time. But it seems strange that they've only called 1 of us to book an appointment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:39 am 

MarkW wrote:
I'm hoping it's not like that. We are in a corner of Somerset which is about 1 1/2 hr from their office, so I' sort of hoping that as we've both applied for SGC they'd do us both at the same time. But it seems strange that they've only called 1 of us to book an appointment.

If they want to book it then it's not a problem. And as you say there is 2 of you so it makes more sense.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:01 am 
Sporadic Site Supporter

Home club or Range: Phoenix at Thorn. The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS
On the whole Avon and Somerset aren't too bad, I put my renewal in and they reckon they will have the new one out before it expires, I've gotten almost everything I've asked for. Knocked back on 2 pistols that we a bit of a reach, other than that, no real complaints

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 am 
Site Supporter 2020

bradaz11 wrote:
On the whole Avon and Somerset aren't too bad, I put my renewal in and they reckon they will have the new one out before it expires, I've gotten almost everything I've asked for. Knocked back on 2 pistols that we a bit of a reach, other than that, no real complaints

Thats good to hear. Lets hope my cabinet comes into stock shortly. I'm also in the middle of fitting a CCTV system to the house as well. But for other reasons than the SGC but it can't help to have it done before they arrive

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:19 am 

MarkW wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:

Thats good to hear. Lets hope my cabinet comes into stock shortly. I'm also in the middle of fitting a CCTV system to the house as well. But for other reasons than the SGC but it can't help to have it done before they arrive

Every little helps but the only reason they would want it is if you have a significant number of guns (normally 12) or live in a dodgy area etc... In that case they will probably ask for an alarm system as well. If its not in by then you can mention you have one being fitted. It will likely not make any difference other than reassuring the FEO that you are sensible and safety conscious!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:27 am 
Site Supporter 2020

I'm fitting the CCTV myself. I have a mate in the trade and he has found some spare stock in the back of his van. Strangely he had a complete kit spare.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next