Brattonsound. Worth the money?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Gazza

Re: Brattonsound. Worth the money?

#11 Post by Gazza »

Gh0st wrote:and told me to scrap the other one...
Which of course you did teanews :D
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#12 Post by Gh0st »

Gazza wrote:
Gh0st wrote:and told me to scrap the other one...
Which of course you did teanews :D
They were going to pick it up, but i mentioned that i painted it black. The chap said they wont be bothered to refurb it so just keep it / dispose of it... i now have 3 together...
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

I have an INFAC cabinet (8/9 gun model) and a Brattonsound (9 gun model). The INFAC does have more space, but its wider, but thats simply a matter of checking the measurements when comparing before buying. I got the INFAC one 11 or so years ago for £190 and the Bratton one 18 months ago for £225, both new and both delivered so taking into account inflation that's more or less the same price. Personally I think the BS looks and 'feels' nicer but agree the key is more fiddly than the angled key of the INFAC.

Even though any modern cabinet that conforms to the relevant British Standard is going to be much of a muchness in terms of security, it makes it easier dealing with FEOs by having a 'brand name' cabinet that they recognise.
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#14 Post by Pippin89 »

Just to play devils advocate... I have a dirtyprotools ammo safe and its spot on. No alignment issues, key works perfectly etc. I also have an Amazon "Ultimate Safe" for a gun cabinet and again no issues. My only problem was that it turned up with scuffs to the paintwork and their customer service was less than adequate. But if you want to save money it does the same job at the end of the day.
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

#15 Post by Triffid »

I've got/had safes from various manufacturers including several BS and Sealey models. They have all worked as advertised.

It's important that they meet the Home Office requirement (conform to BS7558), but that's about it. None of them are built to resist a determined attack, particularly with things like battery-powered angle grinders available now, never mind the good old-fashioned crow-bar.

Triffid
Home Office Firearms Security Handbook 2019.pdf
(710.54 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#16 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Buy the BS they are worth the difference, I have four.
Make sure that you keep the spare keys in a definitely safe place, just in case of loss.
The lock/key cassettes just slide in, and are very easy to replace if ever you need to update locks or keys.
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#17 Post by David Nimrod »

Of course they're worth it.

I've used them for years...

Absolutely no issues or problems.

Highly recommended!
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever