Brattonsound. Worth the money?

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

GordonBennett
Home club or Range: Frome & District Pistol Club

Brattonsound. Worth the money?

#1 Post by GordonBennett »

I am going to purchase my first gun cabinet and separate ammo store soon. I think a Brattonsound pair will cost me about £400. Alternatively, DirtyProTools offer something similar for about £160 which leaves spare cash for a secondhand .22 rifle!
Although the Brattonsound is undeniably better quality, it's basically a metal box that fixes to a wall. Is it really worth spending the extra cash?
Your thoughts appreciated.
wallhead
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Brattonsound. Worth the money?

#2 Post by bradaz11 »

spend the money, its something that gets as much use as your guns. I have a BS and one very similar, the other cabinet requires lifting the door to shut the final 2mm, it's a pain the 500th time of doing it... spend the money, and buy the biggest you can fit in.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Gazza

#3 Post by Gazza »

Brattonsound are the best Ive used. The cheaper cabinets I've found have rough locks compared with super smooth BS.
You get what you pay for and I wont go down the oriental route again wtf
GordonBennett
Home club or Range: Frome & District Pistol Club

#4 Post by GordonBennett »

Thanks for your replies. I just needed reassurance before spending top dollar! I'm going to buy Brattonsound.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

We probably half half a dozen Brattonsound and they work well however that is only half the story. I had an issue with a lock a while ago, rang them up and they made a couple of suggestions which worked, plus they popped a brand new replacement lock in the post free of charge.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
ArcofZen
Home club or Range: Tunnel Club Charmouth

#6 Post by ArcofZen »

bradaz11 wrote:spend the money, its something that gets as much use as your guns. I have a BS and one very similar, the other cabinet requires lifting the door to shut the final 2mm, it's a pain the 500th time of doing it... spend the money, and buy the biggest you can fit in.
Same. My BS is used for storing ammo and has worked perfectly every time. I cheaped out on the firearm storage and picked one up from Amazon. It’s fine, apart from the bottom lock - it needs jiggling to close. First world problems for sure, but it is annoying!
Wreck diving heaven... https://youtu.be/SC3QXpVy15s
rox

#7 Post by rox »

GordonBennett wrote:Brattonsound. Worth the money?
In my opinion: No.

I've had Westlander and Infac safes. Both have been excellent. One of the most important criteria in a safe is space and size. The Infac, nominally a 12-gun, comfortably holds 6 large rifles with space to spare. I think I got it for about 90 quid on eBay, but like-for-like you might get nearly double the space of a Brattonsound for the same money. I'm yet to find a flaw in either brand (both "work perfectly every time").

Rarms
Past Supporter

#8 Post by Rarms »

I have a couple of Brattons. But also an Infac one.

I have to say is very similar build quality. I prefer the Infac to the Brattons as the key only need a half turn rotation to unlock and the key is angled so it can only go in one way. I find the Brattons keys fiddly to make sure you it is indexed correctly before inserting, and it needs a 360 degree rotation which when you have the key on your regular bunch of keys is a pain the ass.
Geek
Site Supporter Since 2020
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#9 Post by Geek »

I too have an Infac safe (10 gun) and I am very impressed with the build quality. My advise would be buy the biggest you can fit in the space you have available. My 10 gun safe has 5 scoped rifles and I will only fit in another couple of un-scoped rifles.
Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#10 Post by Gh0st »

Another thumbs up!

Already had a 7 gun for 20 years plus ammo safe.

Brought two new MT9+ the other week. One of them had a slight drop on the door causing it to touch when closing. They sent me a new cabinet and told me to scrap the other one...
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk