Wednesbury Marksmen rifle and pistol club

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

andy1979
Home club or Range: Wednesbury Marksmen

Wednesbury Marksmen rifle and pistol club

#1 Post by andy1979 »

Does anyone know anything about Wednesbury Marksmen Rifle and Pistol club?

I'm looking at joining them before applying for my FAC but the website is out of the stone age, they don't answer emails or the phone! aaarggh
Thursday night is probation night so i'm trying to make contact rather than just turning up unannounced.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Wednesbury Marksmen rifle and pistol club

#2 Post by Pippin89 »

andy1979 wrote:Does anyone know anything about Wednesbury Marksmen Rifle and Pistol club?

I'm looking at joining them before applying for my FAC but the website is out of the stone age, they don't answer emails or the phone! aaarggh
Thursday night is probation night so i'm trying to make contact rather than just turning up unannounced.
From their website:
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Wednesbury Marksmen Club, and wish to be an expert in the handling of firearms, please obtain a Probationary Membership form from the range shop. The form has to be completed in advance, and submitted for registration on a Thursday evening. Identification will also need to be provided. The application form will have to be countersigned by an established club member, who will support your application. Once registration is completed and has been accepted, the facilities can be used on a Thursday evening from 18:30, or other times when accompanied by your supporting club member. Probationary membership lasts 3 months, after which you can apply for full membership status. If the club accepts your application, you will be invited to join as a full member. To complete your application you will be asked to pay the appropriate subscription rate for 12 months and provide 2 passport-sized photographs, proof of address and proof of identity.
Sounds like you need to know a member. But they may have members who will help you out. I would say go down there on a Thursday evening and try to talk to someone. Otherwise give them a call after 6.30pm on a Thursday as you know they are there then...
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#3 Post by bradaz11 »

I was talking to someone I know who is a member there a few months back, he was saying they had reached their limit for members. I'm not sure if this was just for sec7 - as that was why I was interested, or if it's the whole club. I also recieved no replies via email from the actual club
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
andy1979

#4 Post by andy1979 »

Do you know of any other Clubs accepting new members in the area?
Double Deuce in Walsall are but the membership is £250 a year which compared to other local clubs is around £100 a year more expensive.

Dudley rifle club are full also.

Is there a reliable list of HO approved ranges?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#5 Post by bradaz11 »

sorry, i'm down in weston super mare, I was only interested in them for the sec7
andy1979

#6 Post by andy1979 »

I've just managed to speak with them on the phone they are accepting New Members so may be worth calling them and asking if they are taking in for section 7.

Guy sounds decent on the phone talked through what they'd want from me to get the ball rolling and serving probation with them.
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#7 Post by Pippin89 »

andy1979 wrote:Do you know of any other Clubs accepting new members in the area?
Double Deuce in Walsall are but the membership is £250 a year which compared to other local clubs is around £100 a year more expensive.

Dudley rifle club are full also.

Is there a reliable list of HO approved ranges?
Just in case there is a list here of NRA affiliated clubs.

https://nra.org.uk/nra-affiliated-clubs/
andy1979

#8 Post by andy1979 »

Went up last night.
Nice group of guys made me feel welcome.
Application forms filled in to be sent off for the police to confirm I’m not prohibited so I’ll be back on the 2nd for my first probation session.
Can’t wait to get going
andy1979

#9 Post by andy1979 »

Well had my first proper session last night put 150 rounds down the range.
It was the most fun I've had with me clothes on in a long time.

Was firing a CZ 455 which is for sale second hand priced at £500 with a Nikko Stirling scope, mod, and bipod thinking of "reserving" it until i get my FAC.
does the price sound right?
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter

#10 Post by bradaz11 »

don't buy the first gun you try