Cabinet arrangement for Partners

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Cabinet arrangement for Partners

#11 Post by Pippin89 »

Polchraine wrote: Have a second cabinet that houses all the shotguns with all on both certificates. That leaves you with an FAC cabinet for your own expandable collection.
That was the long term plan anyway. Might as well do it now I guess.
Polchraine

#12 Post by Polchraine »

Pippin89 wrote:
Polchraine wrote: Have a second cabinet that houses all the shotguns with all on both certificates. That leaves you with an FAC cabinet for your own expandable collection.
Remember, your guns + wife's guns + 2 more + spare and get one with a top box too which your wife can use for her jewellery.#

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Pippin89

#13 Post by Pippin89 »

Polchraine wrote:
Pippin89 wrote:
Remember, your guns + wife's guns + 2 more + spare and get one with a top box too which your wife can use for her jewellery.#
My OCD won't let me have different cabinets so I will get one to match the one I have. The question is, do I then have to put another identical ammo safe above it. I do like keeping my shotgun ammo locked up as well so I could have section 1 and section 2 ammo safes!
Yes I know I am weird... wtf
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#14 Post by Pete »

We just asked for all the guns to be entered on both FAC's as shared, which they were happy with.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89

#15 Post by Pippin89 »

Pete wrote:We just asked for all the guns to be entered on both FAC's as shared, which they were happy with.

Pete
As in an earlier comment, she has no reason to have an FAC so this wouldn't work. We are only applying for an SGC for her.
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by Pete »

Neither did my partner............until an NRA Bisley open day...........

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Pippin89

#17 Post by Pippin89 »

Just wanted to add an update to this... Who would have thought it would be over a year before they started accepting applications again?

Had a quick work with my FEO last night as they (Sussex/Surrey) are accepting applications again as of today. FEO said she was perfectly happy with the missus using my cabinet as storage as long as she didn't have access to it due to my FAC guns in there. She didn't mention about having shotguns on both certs but I assume this will be the case.

Good news all round.