FAC application for North Yorshire

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Sonofsammo

FAC application for North Yorshire

#1 Post by Sonofsammo »

Does anybody know what the craic is with N.Yorks in terms of new applications?
BASC doesn't have them as one of the Forces listed that's accepting new applications, unfortunately.
I've tried ringing them, but haven't been able to talk to anyone as yet.
Also, if they are accepting, I have another question.
There's a part that mentions about convictions.
I know there are two that need to be stated, one is a careless driving conviction and the other is as dangerous driving conviction - both from my youth. But because they were so long ago, I cant' find details of exact dates and the exact name of the convictions.
I've applied to ACRO for a copy of my record, which I hope will have it on there (it's mental that I'm asking the Police for information to tell the Police!) - but the waiting time is over a month, apparently.
So my question is - can I put down the vague information I have, which is conviction/year, or should I wait for the information from ACRO?
Tbf, it's all a bit moot if they're not taking applications, but I'd like to do everything I can to get things moving before the wife spends my gun money on something else!
TIA :D
Landrover 130
Home club or Range: North Cotes

Re: FAC application for North Yorshire

#2 Post by Landrover 130 »

There isnt anything on the North Yorks firearms licensing page online to state they arent accepting applications and as it can be applied for online with them you could just apply and see

Alternatively this page

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/what-w ... t-details/

has contact details on it including the feo administrators email address and individual feo emails by postcode area covered so you could try emailing whoever would be your feo and ask there advice

If applying online the link is somewhere on this page

https://northyorkshire.police.uk/what-w ... tificates/

I think personally if you cant get a response or answer within a day or 2 i would apply anyway and make sure you declare it with as much info as you have and see how it goes
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#3 Post by Pippin89 »

I had a couple of speeding convictions to declare. I put month and year and it was fine. Expect the FEO to give you a talking to about it! haha
Sonofsammo

#4 Post by Sonofsammo »

Thanks for the answers so far - I'll crack on and see how I fare. Fingers crossed! :D
Polchraine

#5 Post by Polchraine »

You say "... both from my youth. How far back is that? 5 years or 25 years?

If the latter, put down a comment that tells them it was around 19xx however you no longer have details with nothing else since. Add that you have requested details several weeks ago but no response received.

Just be honest ... And when the FEO visits ask him for the date so you have it ready for next time in 5 years.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Sonofsammo

#6 Post by Sonofsammo »

Polchraine wrote:You say "... both from my youth. How far back is that? 5 years or 25 years?

If the latter, put down a comment that tells them it was around 19xx however you no longer have details with nothing else since. Add that you have requested details several weeks ago but no response received.

Just be honest ... And when the FEO visits ask him for the date so you have it ready for next time in 5 years.
Sadly it's the latter - mid 90's for the first and around 01/02 for the second.
Good call on mentioning I've tried to obtain the info.
Many thanks :D
Polchraine

#7 Post by Polchraine »

Why sadly? 18 years and potentially 25 .,. If there is nothing since, it shows that you may have changed, and the fact you let it was well as saying you have tried to confirm, should indicate a responsible attitude.

Neither of those are normally a reason to refuse and provided there is nothing seems, front don't worry too much.

I have single speeding driver penalty from 20 years back and never an issue. Probably been mentioned once in four renewals

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.