Ammunition Storage

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

Re: Ammunition Storage

#11 Post by snayperskaya »

Pippin89 wrote:The internal lockbox in the top of my safe I use for rifle bolts to keep them separate. Plus a couple of documents I want to keep safe. If you were just shooting smallbore then you would get a couple of thousand rounds in there. But not much else.
I wouldn't say the internal lockable ammo box in my cabinet is particularly large but it will hold 1200 rounds of 7.62x54r.........
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

Re: Ammunition Storage

#12 Post by Alpha1 »

Back in the day when we were shooting handguns I installed a double pistol cabinet rawl bolted to an internal brick wall. The bottom cabinet holds all my ammo the top cabinet is used as a safe and stores my black powder revolvers.