Change of Occupation & FAC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

Change of Occupation & FAC

#1 Post by FB66 »

Hypothetical and I have the person's permission to ask this.

Someone I know. The business he ran has gone bust (COVID). He is going back to his old job of HGV- driving away for 3 or 4 days a week as his CPC is still valid.

His FAC is due for renewal in 12 months and the area is in Greater Manchester. Justification for use hasn't changed as he is a target shooter.

Does he need to declare to FEO the change in circumstances as previously he was home at night? He is divorced so the property is empty when he is away.

My first thought was to speak to the FEO as a good way of building rapport for the renewal. Guys at my club in Bedford say don't mention it.

Thoughts
Cheers
Egg on Leggs1
Home club or Range: Kings Heath Rifle Club

Re: Change of Occupation & FAC

#2 Post by Egg on Leggs1 »

The renewal asks all the questions they need answers to.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#3 Post by dromia »

What would he do if he was away for a fortnights holiday?

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#4 Post by Mattnall »

What would he do if he had a day job and was away all day?

I know this is Manchester we're talking about but some have day jobs. ;)
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
hitchphil
Home club or Range: Bisley - Mostly

#5 Post by hitchphil »

signfunnypost

There is nothing in any Firearms / approved clubs legislation to say any FAC holder or club member has to declare employment or going away on business for work or holiday. For god sake dont even suggest to them we should do that! as club sec we have enough bo...cks to report on without creating more rubbish to do!

Security has been approved to issue the FAC on the basis of an acceptable installation, not that they there watching the front door. It has to be or nobody would get approval unless at home! & again I cant find anything that mandates that for an approval?

Change of job would be covered at renewal. Why they want employment etc is beyond me?, its superfluous data, not required in any of the firearms laws, neither is dob! ? organisations often collect such data when designing forms without thinking about it - thats what GDPR is about. Is being unemployed but on a £25k pension going to make any difference?
Quality control of Scottish Ethanol. & RDX/HMX

& my fav chemical is :-) 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine.......... used to kill frogs.... but widely consumed & in vast quantities by the French? Eh?
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#6 Post by FB66 »

Dear All

Thanks for the responses and have passed them on.
Appreciated
Mike

#Dormia any chance of closing the thread.