Coffee and gun safe checks

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

lovemovies22

Coffee and gun safe checks

#1 Post by lovemovies22 »

When I apply for an FAC and an officer who will come to my house for a chat and a gun cabinet check, will the officer be respectful and nice?
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

Re: Coffee and gun safe checks

#2 Post by FB66 »

Mine was very professional both on the phone and when he visited. He certainly was respectful and very helpful. Can't fault.
They are not there to be nice.
They are there to make a judgement regarding the fitness of a person to possess a firearm, safety and relative security.
Bryan Austin

#3 Post by Bryan Austin »

FB66 wrote:Mine was very professional both on the phone and when he visited. He certainly was respectful and very helpful. Can't fault.
They are there to make a judgement regarding the fitness of a person to possess a firearm, safety and relative security.

wow, I had no idea you guys had to endure a routine like that to own a firearm.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#4 Post by bradaz11 »

tbh, like with most things, it will depend on the person.
I'd be surprised if they were rude, but they may however be honest and blunt, sometimes to some people that is not nice.
As for respectful, again, it depends on what you mean. I wouldn't expect them to have issue removing shoes if you ask, unless of course the floor looks dirtier than outside, I also wouldn't expect them to doodle on the arm of your sofa when taking notes.
they aren't there conducting a search warrant, so you won't be handcuffed while they turn your house over.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
lovemovies22

#5 Post by lovemovies22 »

FB66 wrote:Mine was very professional both on the phone and when he visited. He certainly was respectful and very helpful. Can't fault.
Police should be respectful
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#6 Post by GeeRam »

lovemovies22 wrote:
Police should be respectful
Many FEO's are not serving Police Officers, they are civilian staff (although many of them are ex-Police Officers)

I have to say OP your first post is one of the strangest ones I've seen on this forum, and I'm still slightly perplexed at the reasoning of the question.
Rarms
Past Supporter

#7 Post by Rarms »

GeeRam wrote:
I have to say OP your first post is one of the strangest ones I've seen on this forum, and I'm still slightly perplexed at the reasoning of the question.
Nail on head!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#8 Post by Dark Skies »

Bryan Austin wrote:

wow, I had no idea you guys had to endure a routine like that to own a firearm.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, chap.
Most of our legislation is based on a knee jerk reaction after those charged with responsibility for enforcing existing legislation have screwed up. Then the media frenzy starts and 'something needs to be seen to be done' and then a s*** more legislation comes down the pipe. At all costs the ordinary law-abiding gun owners must be made the scapegoat.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

lovemovies22, are you old enough to apply for an FAC?
snayperskaya
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#10 Post by snayperskaya »

Seems a bit of an odd question........
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!