SGC

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Bioarm
Home club or Range: Barwick in elmet clay ground

Re: SGC

#11 Post by Bioarm »

Pippin89 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:16 am Surrey Sussex have on their website that the medical needs to be submitted within 10 days of the application and if they don't receive it they will throw the application out. If you haven't been refunded then I would guess this hasn't happened. But check the website for their policy.
Definitely not had no refund.

Christel wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:30 am Ah, apologies, got that wrong. As more forces are implementing the medical (what nonsense) it will be interesting to hear what the situation is, please keep us updated.
Sent them an email today. Once I hear back I will update on here 👍
Bioarm
Home club or Range: Barwick in elmet clay ground

Re: SGC

#12 Post by Bioarm »

Right....
I've had a response to my email from Karen Scholes who is the FEO. I asked if they had a rough time scale or where I was on the list. She explained that the application process can take upto 20 weeks (which is understandable due to covid). That would estimate my home visit anywhere from now, upto February.

Here's the good news.

The NEW Medical Verification rule that came into effect on the 1st November, only applies to applicants not already in the system. So it looks like I just managed to dodge that bullet (bad dad pun 😜)

So that has now put my mind at ease and it's back to a waiting game for the phone call to arrange my home visit.

Thanks everyone for their help.