Locked forum - NRA or BASC or another

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Locked forum - NRA or BASC or another

#1 Post by IainWR »

"play the foul card and this is the response"

"This used to be a forum where anyone could express their own point of view without fear or favour...unless of course the subject matter is the NRA and it involves the female chronies."

"What diabolical nonsense Christel."

Robin128

Sir, you are a MODERATOR.

Sir, as a MODERATOR you have a duty to permit free and open debate. In order to do so, you should refrain from entering into it, unless it is to remind members of the site's fundamental principles or legal responsibilities.

The quotes above demonstrate that you wish to have your position as an outspoken critic of the NRA and its staff (not a problem - both are deserving of criticism) and also as an arbiter of the rules of debate. Have you ever heard of concepts like separation of powers or conflict of interest?

And now the forum is locked - the action of a MODERATOR who wishes to limit a line of discussion. Usually, because that discussion is straying into territory that is illegal or contrary to the philosophy of the site. In this case?

When I was at school, they called it cheek. In the military, they called it insubordination. In court, they call it contempt. Online, they lock the forum. In every case, it means that those in authority have lost the argument, and know it, and use brute force.

I am saddened.

Iain
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Locked forum - NRA or BASC or another

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

I locked it Iain, one of the very few moderations I have ever had to make, as much to stop myself from commenting further as I felt things were getting out of hand and we should not witness such things on our forum.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#3 Post by IainWR »

Ovenpaa

My apologies

You are not labelled as a moderator - only two people are - I did not appreciate that it had been locked "externally".

You are of course right to do so.

Iain
karen

#4 Post by karen »

Um can I ask what is "GT"?

Love

Karen
Christel
Site Admin

#5 Post by Christel »

I have just checked the moderator log and I did lock the thread as well.

2.11 pm exactly.

We both decided, Rob and Dromia were not here, to lock it to prevent further arguments.

It was not really going anywhere and it is old ground on here.
Alpha1
Site Supporter Since 2020

#6 Post by Alpha1 »

Well done christel/ovenpaa just surprised it took you so long.
Not one of our better threads.
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

GT is Gun Trader, some of the forum members came from GT when this forum was started. The general discussion section was closed on GT due to the owner of the site felt some of the discussions was a problem for his business.

Now since this is not a business and there is no conflict of interest we have no issues with what is being discussed on here.
Christel
Site Admin

#8 Post by Christel »

Iain,

You are absolutely right that Ovenpaa is not listed as a mod.
He is not a mod.

He does not intervene in posts. Robin and Dromia and I are the only three that do that.

We both agreed that locking was the best option and he did it at the same time as me.

He has the powers to do so because from the very start of this forum I asked him to help with the technical side of things because it is a lot more complicated than the old forum was. However, he is not a mod.
:D
karen

#9 Post by karen »

Maybe he should be!

I think more mods would be better (although luckily I am not volunteering :lol: )

Love

Karen
Robin128

#10 Post by Robin128 »

Well thanks everyone for the vote of confidence...and it's a pity you don't get your facts right Iain.

Was this topic supposed to be locked or am I missing something else here?

Topic locked...please don't raise it again.