Finally.....got my FAC today

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

FarmerSim

Re: Finally.....got my FAC today

#21 Post by FarmerSim »

Dave 101 wrote:Congrats . Hope you checked all the details as well , conditions , ammo allocations etc . wouldnt be unknown for mistakes to happen .

Dave
That's a damn good point - there is a "conundrum" with mine, one of the conditions is a bit weird. It doesn't actually matter right now - BUT it does stop me doing something I thought would be OK..... :-P

Its on the "to do" list - but, as you might expect, it's a long list :mrgreen:

ATB

Sim
Sandgroper
Site Supporter Since 2015

#22 Post by Sandgroper »

Dave 101 wrote:Congrats . Hope you checked all the details as well , conditions , ammo allocations etc . wouldnt be unknown for mistakes to happen .

Dave
Agree. Check all the conditions etc. The last time I submitted a variation, they gave me the ammunition allocation but forget the rifle! :G On another occasion, they removed the permission for pest and vermin control as well as deer (didn't ask for that) but left the expanding ammunition on! :roll:
Sometimes I think Grampian do it deliberately to see if I am actually checking my FAC as it seems to happen fairly often. :lol:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Meaty
Home club or Range: Grove Small Arms.Thetford Gallery, STANTA, Barton Road

#23 Post by Meaty »

Congratulations!
Its a great feeling when it drops through the door, especially if you have had to wait a while for it (nearly 8 months for me!!)
Check that the Chief of the issuing force has signed it too. A friend had his granted earlier this year - it was unsigned so it had to go back and he had to wait another 10 days :cool2:
"There are four boxes to be used in the defence of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#24 Post by judders »

Just double-checked the FAC and all seems to be in order. :good:

They have done something a bit odd with ammo though. Two of the slots are 5.56/223 and 7.62/308 and I asked to hold 1000 rounds each of the same.

However, they've granted me:

7.62 x 51 @ 600
.308 @ 600
5.56 x 45 @ 600
.223 @ 600

Seems like a strange way of doing it. I thought that if they were going to differentiate between 7.62/5.56 and 223/308, they'd have granted 500 rounds of each, to match my request.

Is that normal?
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#25 Post by bobbob »

judders wrote:Just double-checked the FAC and all seems to be in order. :good:

They have done something a bit odd with ammo though. Two of the slots are 5.56/223 and 7.62/308 and I asked to hold 1000 rounds each of the same.

However, they've granted me:

7.62 x 51 @ 600
.308 @ 600
5.56 x 45 @ 600
.223 @ 600

Seems like a strange way of doing it. I thought that if they were going to differentiate between 7.62/5.56 and 223/308, they'd have granted 500 rounds of each, to match my request.

Is that normal?
Usually it would be something like .22, purchase 1000, hold 1200. 7.62, purchase 500, hold 600. It's so you don't run out before you buy or load more.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
Tower75

#26 Post by Tower75 »

"Normal" depends on the county.

That wouldn't be "normal" in Essex, they would list that as

7.62/.308 buy 500 keep 600
5.56/.223 buy 500 keep 600

etc.

Essentially what your issuing force has done is given you two free ammunition allowances. But as the end result is 1000 rounds it's not a "problem".
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#27 Post by Ovenpaa »

600 of each does seem a bit odd, I think mine says something like 1500 .308/7,62x51 however I seldom go over holding 1000 in any cartridge and closer to 125 max in some.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#28 Post by judders »

Tower.75 wrote:"Normal" depends on the county.

That wouldn't be "normal" in Essex, they would list that as

7.62/.308 buy 500 keep 600
5.56/.223 buy 500 keep 600

etc.

Essentially what your issuing force has done is given you two free ammunition allowances. But as the end result is 1000 rounds it's not a "problem".
That's exactly what I would have expected to see, but as you said it's not a problem. Just looks strange to have the rifle slot listed as 7.62/.308, but the ammo listed as separate individual allowances for 7.62 and .308.

Regarding the ammo quatities, I had heard that they wouldn't grant 1000 of each (except .22) but thought I'd ask, just in case. ;)

I'm not complaining though....I finally have my FAC :shakeshout:
Dave 101

#29 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi

Dont forget to notify the FEO within 7 days when you have purchased your rifle , also check when you get the serial numbers printed on your FAC that they are correct , typos do happen .

Dave
judders

#30 Post by judders »

Cheers Dave, will do. :good: