Finally.....got my FAC today

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

Finally.....got my FAC today

#1 Post by judders »

FEO just popped round to inspect my security. He was very happy and handed over my FAC. :good:

Now it gets expensive! :mrgreen:
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Finally.....got my FAC today

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

Woohoooo! Very well done that man, it is a very special feeling when you get your very first FAC, so what is first on the list?

:clap: :clap:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

:shakeshout:

Awesome!

Time to go shopping :good:
judders
Home club or Range: LPSC: Bisley & Longmoor. Wessex Rifles: Bulford & Warminster

#4 Post by judders »

It is definitely a special feeling. :good:

First on the list is a .308 from Armalon, one of these: http://www.armalon.com/public/products/item/1/

I changed my mind a dozen times, but kept coming back to it. I've shot one a number of times and it just seems to 'work' for me, it makes me look good! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I won't be able to order it until after Christmas, but I'm out of action due to a torn pectoral muscle anyway, so no great rush. All being well, I may have enough cash for a nice scope for it by then too.

Second on the list will definitely be a good old .303 of some sort. I like the SMLE, so will see what I can find as soon as I have the pennies.

Exciting times! :mrgreen:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#5 Post by dromia »

Congratulations! :good: :grin:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

judders wrote:First on the list is a .308 from Armalon, one of these: http://www.armalon.com/public/products/item/1/

I changed my mind a dozen times, but kept coming back to it. I've shot one a number of times and it just seems to 'work' for me, it makes me look good! :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I won't be able to order it until after Christmas, but I'm out of action due to a torn pectoral muscle anyway, so no great rush. All being well, I may have enough cash for a nice scope for it by then too.

Second on the list will definitely be a good old .303 of some sort. I like the SMLE, so will see what I can find as soon as I have the pennies.:
I still maintain that probably the most accurate .308 I have ever shot was an Armalon built Rem700, first 5 shot group I ever shot at 1000 yards was with one of these.

SMLE's are very special and you can find some good examples, if it was my choice I would look for a No1 Mk3*

Think of all the research you can do again now :clap:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#7 Post by bobbob »

:shakeshout:

Don't forget to sign it. Seen it a few times where people have got their licence out to buy something and they have been told it isn't legal. Look of horror until they are told all they need to do is sign in the box.
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.
judders

#8 Post by judders »

ovenpaa wrote:I still maintain that probably the most accurate .308 I have ever shot was an Armalon built Rem700, first 5 shot group I ever shot at 1000 yards was with one of these.
Comments like that just help me validate that I'm not making the wrong choice. :good:
ovenpaa wrote:SMLE's are very special and you can find some good examples, if it was my choice I would look for a No1 Mk3*

Think of all the research you can do again now :clap:
It took me ages to make my mind up on the Armalon and I know it'll take me just as long to research/decide on purchase number 2. Still, that's all part of the fun. :grin:
judders

#9 Post by judders »

bobbob wrote::shakeshout:

Don't forget to sign it. Seen it a few times where people have got their licence out to buy something and they have been told it isn't legal. Look of horror until they are told all they need to do is sign in the box.
The FEO made me sign it whilst he was here, so I'm all legal - hopefully!
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#10 Post by bobbob »

judders wrote:
bobbob wrote::shakeshout:

The FEO made me sign it whilst he was here, so I'm all legal - hopefully!
:good:
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.