Buying/Selling Authority Help Please

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Tower75

Buying/Selling Authority Help Please

#1 Post by Tower75 »

Hello guys and girls, and may I say that you're all looking loverly today. Esp you there.

Ok, I've been shooting for a few years, but I haven't really done much buying/selling/wheeling and dealing, so I was wondering if I may ask a question.

Lets say I have an authority for a 7.92x57mm rifle, and I have purchased a rifle in this calibre; filling this authority.

If I sell the rifle, this will open this authority again, I know that I could ask for a 1-for-1 transfer for a new calibre, but if I wanted to buy a rifle in the same 7.92x57mm calibre, could I? Then, I guess, I would simply tell the police that I've sold my rifle to Mr/Mrs. XYZ, but I have now purchased this new rifle in the same calibre, type: blar, blar: serial number: blar, blar?

Basically what I have is a G98 "Mauser" long-rifle, but I fancy a "98K"-type carbine, think I tastes are changing with "old-age" :lol:

Regards
T
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

Re: Buying/Selling Authority Help Please

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

You cannot sell a rifle and buy another without a separate variation, what this means is you cannot pop into a shop and do a 1:1 swap for another rifle of the same calibre. Now apparently some FEO's will issue a variation prior to the exchange so you can send your FAC off, get the new 1:1 on it and then go and swap your rifle.

Does that make sense?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Tower75

#3 Post by Tower75 »

It does make sense. Many thanks.

So, basically, if I have this correct. If I want another rifle, any rifle, regardless if I'm going to sell an existing firearm and buy a new one in th same calibre, I need an open variation from the police to purchase a rifle in my desired calibre?

After that, I'm guessing my options regarding the, now open, 7.92mm slot on my ticket can either be 1-for-1'd or closed. Correct? :G :?
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Yes, but never, ever close an open variation! :o
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Tower75

#5 Post by Tower75 »

No, I haven't yet, I just wanted to see if I had that right or not.

One of the first things I was ever told was "never close a variation" :good:

[sigh] I hate our laws. I mean, I know we all do, but I REALLY hate our laws. I hate this whole "thinking of what you want before you buy it thing"

Sod it, I'm off to the US in May, I'm going to marry a girl out there and get a Green card :lol:
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

Does she know yet? Time for one of these...........

My girlfriend thinks that I'm a stalker. Well, she's not exactly my girlfriend yet. :lol:
/d

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#7 Post by Christel »

Tower.75 wrote:Hello guys and girls, and may I say that you're all looking loverly today. Esp you there.
The forum is looking loverly :shakeshout:
Tower75

#8 Post by Tower75 »

:lol: :lol:

Apparently the "accent" is a real ice breaker... however, being from Essex, my accent probably gives people the impression that I want to sell them a used car.