Scope question

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

20series
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: Scope question

#11 Post by 20series »

DaveT wrote:
EagerNoSkill wrote:The dark art of wind reading and scope systems await
Turretts that work in different directions and values to
:grin: :G :o :shock: :roll:
Yup...... due to crap planning (and buying when the price is right!) I have ended up with about all the possible combinations of MOA & Milrad and turret elevation directions that are available! Having said that I agree with Ovenpaa ..... its not hard to convert once you get into it.

Re the original Post... take a look at Sightrons as well .... they are really good ....... most of my scopes are Schmidts but I have just bought a Sightron and don't anticipate being disappointed.
+1 on Sightrons, I have two 8-32x56 and the 10-50x60, you are welcome to look at them Buzz in fact you shot my 308 with the smaller one on when I first took you to Oundle!! :good:

Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Milrad 'scopes usually have drums that move the point of impact 1cm/100m - s'easy because it is a known change at a known distance.

MOA 'scopes usually have drums that move the point of impact 1/4 or 1/8th of an MOA which is close to 1"/100 yards. Close but not the same.

Plus a lot of the 'tactical' reticles use MOA drums with Milrad divisions :lol:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Buzz
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & pistol club

#13 Post by Buzz »

Just got back from work, cheers for all the replies :) I'm actually tempted with the idea of Milrad as being new it may be a good start when getting my head round everything, never had this trouble with a susat! lol

I've used different scopes at the club but I'm not even sure what they are I just look through them and shoot Don't like to fiddle with other peoples bits XD

Reason I say Night force is I've seen them at a really good price and don't want anything to high a mag I like a wide field of view but maybe thats as I'm not used to looking through the hubble telescope :D

One thing I've been told by friends and read on here is what ever you get, get a decent scope as that is going to be one thing that could stay with you a long time so thats the plan :)

Best go and watch 1967Spuds videos now :wave: