FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Rockhopper

Re: FAC Questions

#191 Post by Rockhopper »

I did but they sometimes advise you not to so if you are rejected then you haven't wasted your money or taken a risk on fitting it in an inappropriate location for example.. If its not installed at the time of your visit they will have to make a second visit to inspect it which slows things down.
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#192 Post by Plumose »

Part of the visit is to asses the security, so yes you should have the safe/safes in place and secured so they can't be easily removed.

As part of my visit the FEO tried to move the rifle safe to be sure it was secured.
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#193 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

Would it be possible to 1 for 1 an empty .22LR slot for another rifle that's not .22LR?
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#194 Post by safetyfirst »

Yes, provided you can show good reason etc, that should still represent a 1 for 1 and not carry fees.
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#195 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

Would it cause an issue if I already have a rifle of the same calibre / type on my FAC?

I don't want to 1 for 1 my existing rifle but I would like the one that's been offered to me. My plan would be to set up my current rifle for outdoor shooting at 100 yards / all weathers and set up the new one for indoor at 25 yards. It also has some collectability value to it, not sure if that's good reason though.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#196 Post by bradaz11 »

Lancs_Oakley wrote:Would it cause an issue if I already have a rifle of the same calibre / type on my FAC?

I don't want to 1 for 1 my existing rifle but I would like the one that's been offered to me. My plan would be to set up my current rifle for outdoor shooting at 100 yards / all weathers and set up the new one for indoor at 25 yards. It also has some collectability value to it, not sure if that's good reason though.
so you want one for pest control, and one for target.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#197 Post by Mattnall »

Lancs_Oakley wrote:Would it cause an issue if I already have a rifle of the same calibre / type on my FAC?

And there's your good reason for an extra rifle of the same calibre.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#198 Post by CraigH »

Hi All,

Hoping to apply for my FAC in the next couple of weeks.

I will be applying same time as my Son and we will be sharing cabinet, I know that this means we will need to list each others firearms as we will both have access to each others firearms - I'm not sure what you do about ammo. If I want to hold 1500 .22lr and my son the same will I need to put 1500 or 3000?

So would it be
My Application - 1500
Sons Application- 1500

or

My Application - 3000
Sons Application -3000

Thanks for any advice!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#199 Post by Blackstuff »

1500rds on an initial grant is optimistic! Although i'm sure someone knows someone whose brother got 10,000 on their grant its very much not the norm. Unless you can provide evidence that you are already shooting multiple competitions i think 500rds is more realistic but there's no harm in asking for more as long as you can justify it.

You and your son should get separate allocations. Make sure whatever cabinet/separate ammo safe can store the amount of ammo you're asking for.
DVC
CraigH
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: Mayfair Sunderland

#200 Post by CraigH »

Cheers!