FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

rakirun

Re: FAC Questions

#181 Post by rakirun »

Ovenpaa wrote:I have just sent my FAC off for renewal and added a Section 1 Shotgun for vermin and target, no other information so it will be interesting to hear what they say about that.
I will be interested to see the outcome of that.
SevenSixTwo

#182 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Where in the legislation (or Guidance) does it mention that using a firearm a specific number of times per year is a requirement? If it IS a requirement, surely this would be listed as a Condition on the FAC?

*cough* Asking for a friend.
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
glevum
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club

#183 Post by glevum »

Section 13.53 in Guide to Firearms Licensing Law
SevenSixTwo

#184 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Many thanks. In practice, lack of use appears to simply be grounds for further enquiry. I have ‘mitigating’ circumstances so I think I’m good. cheers
"It's ok, it's just a train. On you get".
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#185 Post by Mattnall »

Mitigating circumstances are always good.
My father had bypass surgery, then a new knee and finally laser eye treatment, all meant he hadn't shot for nearly the term of his FAC. There was no issue at the following renewal and now he seems to be making up for lost time.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
hepdulwich
Home club or Range: Bisley

#186 Post by hepdulwich »

hi im a nb here and interested in everyone's view on whether it's easier (quicker and less restrictions) to apply from london or west midlands as i split my time between mine and my parents'. much appreciated!
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#187 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

Am I right in saying that you can only purchase ammo for a firearm that is on your FAC?

e.g if you have 1000 .22RF on your FAC but your .22RF slot is currently empty you cant purchase the ammo?
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#188 Post by IainWR »

Lancs_Oakley wrote:Am I right in saying that you can only purchase ammo for a firearm that is on your FAC?

e.g if you have 1000 .22RF on your FAC but your .22RF slot is currently empty you cant purchase the ammo?
No, you're wrong, I'm happy to say. Your FAC authorises to purchase the ammo, you may purchase the ammo. There are at least 3 ways you could legally borrow a .22RF without putting it on your FAC and use your own ammunition in it.
Lancs_Oakley
Home club or Range: Diggle

#189 Post by Lancs_Oakley »

I am happy to be wrong then in this case then so I can buy a couple of bricks of .22 to stock up ready for my new arrival :)
Richie69
Home club or Range: Easingwold

#190 Post by Richie69 »

Do I need to have a firearms safe and ammunition safe in situ before the local firearms officer visit ?
I’m in Knaresborough North York’s & My local officer is based in Northallerton .