FAC Questions

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: FAC Questions

#171 Post by dromia »

Must have been in the same lodge. :twisted:

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#172 Post by Blackstuff »

Ash wrote:I sent off my application beginning of Feb and had an FEO out last week (Hampshire). I have checked with the two referee's I put down and they have not had any calls. Do they always speak to them as part of the process? I will stop eagerly checking the post if I know they will get called first.
My referees have never been contacted and I've never been contacted as a referee
DVC
Ash

#173 Post by Ash »

Thanks, hopefully any day now then.
rakirun

#174 Post by rakirun »

Hi all, I will be applying for my FAC in a couple of months once I am a full member at my club. I thought I would apply for my SGC at the same time as I believe it works out cheaper. I am looking forward to doing some practical shotgun as well as clay shooting so I would prefer to have one shotgun dedicated to practical. Ideally this would be either a pump or semi auto with a capacity of 8-10. My question is how would I word this on the application? Does it have to have its own slot on the FAC?

Thanks in advance.
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#175 Post by kennyc »

rakirun wrote:Hi all, I will be applying for my FAC in a couple of months once I am a full member at my club. I thought I would apply for my SGC at the same time as I believe it works out cheaper. I am looking forward to doing some practical shotgun as well as clay shooting so I would prefer to have one shotgun dedicated to practical. Ideally this would be either a pump or semi auto with a capacity of 8-10. My question is how would I word this on the application? Does it have to have its own slot on the FAC?

Thanks in advance.
co-terminus is the term you are looking for, a high capacity shotgun (more than 2+1 ) would require a slot on your FAC and good reason, vermin/bird control or target/practical shotgun etc.
are you a member of a club that shoots practical shotgun? that would be good reason.
low cap shotguns would be entered on your shotgun certificate, but don't require slots or good reason.
rakirun

#176 Post by rakirun »

With the FAC slot would I have to be specific with capacity and the type of shotgun I wanted ie pump/semi?
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#177 Post by kennyc »

rakirun wrote:With the FAC slot would I have to be specific with capacity and the type of shotgun I wanted ie pump/semi?
that i'm afraid I do not know, maybe one of the members who take part in these comps can answer, try raising a new thread with that queartion as a title
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#178 Post by safetyfirst »

It's just a 12g shotgun. The action you buy after that is up to you. Same for any calibre as far as I know.

As for all FAC questions your enquiry officer is your best port of call for a final check.
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#179 Post by Mattnall »

rakirun wrote:With the FAC slot would I have to be specific with capacity and the type of shotgun I wanted ie pump/semi?
No, it is just a multi (more than 2+1) shotgun.

If you are a member of a HO approved club you already have your 'good reason/good place' for S1 shotgun as courses and competitions are run at Bisley by NRA and others.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#180 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have just sent my FAC off for renewal and added a Section 1 Shotgun for vermin and target, no other information so it will be interesting to hear what they say about that.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal