Brownells UK

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
DL.

Re: Brownells UK

#51 Post by DL. »

They just cancelled a small item I'd been waiting for on "back order" since last year. Would have been nice to have been told rather than receiving an automated email saying 'order cancelled'.
RDC

#52 Post by RDC »

They seem the cheapest for 25rd 10-22 mags too.
zanes

#53 Post by zanes »

Looking at them they're cheaper for Williams peep sights for the Winchester 94AE than the one I imported from the states (from Brownell US themselves, as I remember!) a few years back once shipping/VAT/import duty is factored in.

At the very least, it's good to have a potential source for those harder to find bits.
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.
WelshShooter
Site Supporter Since 2016

#54 Post by WelshShooter »

Ordered some items from them mid June and they arrived two weeks later from time of order. Most of the time the items were stuck in customs but I did get email updates from Gavin that they were on their way. They turned up earlier than Gavin advised so I'm happy with that.

Also, the items I ordered were quite reasonable in price, those of us who has bought from Midway in the past know how expensive some items can be compared to other online retailers. All in all, a good experience.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#55 Post by Ovenpaa »

We buy from BrownellsUK and delivery times are good these days, certainly no slower than buying direct from the USA and prices for some items such as standard chamber reamers are reasonable if something is needed in a rush. I will continue to use them.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
RDC

#56 Post by RDC »

I wish I had used them instead of a certain UK retailer for a chassis. Would have had it 3 months ago from Brownell's rather than still waiting with poor comms from the other place that (alledgedly) stocks it.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

#57 Post by HH1 »

I have placed quite a few orders from Brownells UK this year and the service has been great. As others have said, some of what they have can't be bought from other UK dealers.
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#58 Post by mr smith »

I ordered a Jard 10/22 trigger group in may this year,had problems with it along with other problems with the rifle.It would often fail to cock and the safety liked to put itself on,tried adjusting the trigger only for it to get worse had to get a gun smith to basically reset it only for it to replace fail to cock with light strikes.
Enough was enough so contacted Brownells uk,they replied they had had a lot of negative reviews so if I wished I could get a refund,couple of weeks later money's back in my account.Was half expecting more of a battle so pleased they accepted the trigger group wasn't fit for use.
HALODIN
Home club or Range: Oundle Rifle & Pistol Club

#59 Post by HALODIN »

There's 10% Off Everything using code THANKYOU