Brownells UK

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

Re: Brownells UK

#11 Post by bradaz11 »

takes them almost 2weeks even if on stock, so hate to think how long backorder takes
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#12 Post by safetyfirst »

I usually built a want list and order once every few months, for the free postage over £100. Always best to ask on here too, lots of RFD's here that would appreciate the business
BamBam

#13 Post by BamBam »

Most of my back ordered stuff takes 3-4 weeks at the most.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

bradaz11 wrote:takes them almost 2weeks even if on stock, so hate to think how long backorder takes
In stock? My understanding is the only thing they hold are returns.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#15 Post by bradaz11 »

Ovenpaa wrote:
bradaz11 wrote:takes them almost 2weeks even if on stock, so hate to think how long backorder takes
In stock? My understanding is the only thing they hold are returns.
sorry, stuff listed as 'in stock' on the website takes 2 weeks, rather than stuff listed as 'back order only'

i think their use of the term 'in stock' is akin to fraud
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Rarms
Past Supporter

#16 Post by Rarms »

Im assuming its the same lot who used to do Midway UK?
Sixshot6
Home club or Range: Mattersey

#17 Post by Sixshot6 »

Rarms wrote:Im assuming its the same lot who used to do Midway UK?
pretty much, twas all but confirmed to me by parties in the know.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#18 Post by safetyfirst »

It's a guy called Gavin from what I understand. The website is a bit of a mess, the pictures sometimes don't tally up with the products and I've had a couple of returns but they were handled cheerfully.

It's a bit pricey and it takes 10 days to 2 weeks but you get tracking, the customer account area is adequate and there is no alternative that I know of for some things.

Think of them like a little airport kiosk that has a load of browells US stuff on their website.

I know there's a lot of bad feeling about them here and there and I wish they were more transparent about delivery times and the status of their stock but they sell what they sell at the price they sell it at.

If you don't like it, don't buy it.

I do wish there was a decent UK based importer though. One that could get stuff from anywhere you wanted.

I've had that service extended to me by a few members on here but they got stung badly once when US customs impounded their whole shipment over some ruger scope rings and it quite understandably gave them rather cold feet!
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is Gav and Pete behind it, I used to work with Gavin many years ago, he is a good sort.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
zanes

#20 Post by zanes »

In fairness, it's made pretty clear on the website and during the ordering process that products are drop shipped from the US.
Firearms related legal question? Look here before posting about it.