Brownells UK

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
HH1
Home club or Range: PSA

Re: Brownells UK

#21 Post by HH1 »

I have placed quite a few orders with them and have been pleased. May take a week or so, but they do have items that are hard to find elsewhere.
Gazza

#22 Post by Gazza »

Im still waiting for a reply email from my enquiry about a magazine spring which must have been at least 5 weeks ago.
Even if they couldnt help me out a courteous reply would have had me going back there in the future for stuff but no, it was not to be 8-) Courtesy goes a long way in my book.
Anyway I found out that Lee Enfield springs fit what I needed to re-spring and a quarter of the price of Brownells stuff so :p :flag5:
chapps
Home club or Range: Burgess Hill TSC

#23 Post by chapps »

Slow delivery and expensive, but just about the only place we in the U.K. can get moats things American in terms of spare parts etc, and the range of items they offer is truly huge, so I'm not going to complain too much about the prices and slow delivery...
Rarms
Past Supporter

#24 Post by Rarms »

How did the original thread poster get on with this?
James84

#25 Post by James84 »

zanes wrote:In fairness, it's made pretty clear on the website and during the ordering process that products are drop shipped from the US.
+1 on this. It is in stock, just in the US...

I've ordered several times from Brownells and it normally batch ships across the pond within 3 or so days. Normal delivery time for me is 7 days and for back ordered items it was 2 weeks.
BamBam

#26 Post by BamBam »

Rarms wrote:How did the original thread poster get on with this?
Excellent thanks for asking.
Grizzly

#27 Post by Grizzly »

Sixshot6 wrote:
Rarms wrote:Im assuming its the same lot who used to do Midway UK?
pretty much, twas all but confirmed to me by parties in the know.
It's public knowledge.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05587870

Funny, when I first visited Peter Starley RFD to buy a firearm I noticed he had a Midway UK sign on the side of his workshop. Previously I'd ordered and been sent the wrong item by Midway UK so asked if he could help. He told me it was a different business and nothing to do with him. That was the last item i bought.

The delivery is slow because the stock is with Brownells in the states. It's called drop shipping.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#28 Post by Ovenpaa »

I have a few things on order with Brownells UK at present and my biggest issue is always the tracking side of things however on this occasion it took over a week for my last order to even show as despatched and the order before was actually shipped a couple of days after the latest!

Ah well, they do say the best things in life are worth waiting for...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Yogibear

#29 Post by Yogibear »

Ovenpaa wrote:I have a few things on order with Brownells UK at present and my biggest issue is always the tracking side of things however on this occasion it took over a week for my last order to even show as despatched and the order before was actually shipped a couple of days after the latest!

Ah well, they do say the best things in life are worth waiting for...
From what I understand, each order is individually packed and labelled in the US (with royal mail shipping labels), but shipped to the UK as a bulk parcel. Only when they arrive in the UK is the bulk parcel broken down into the individual parcels and entered into the royal mail system. So although they advise you the RM tracking number when it is packaged in the US, no tracking info will show until it is received at the RM depot in the UK. There is only tracking info for the last 200 ish miles of its 4000 mile journey.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#30 Post by Ovenpaa »

I seem to remember the status goes from Received to Despatched to Advised however I cannot check as the PF portal appears to be down. Yes you are correct in that it tells you virtually nothing tracking wise until it arrives at your doorstep.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal