Anyone had dealings with Donaldson's Guns Milton Keynes

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Anyone had dealings with Donaldson's Guns Milton Keynes

#1 Post by bnz41 »

As above, anyone bought or sold a firearm through this dealer, a friend has seen a rifle he likes.

Thanks
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Anyone had dealings with Donaldson's Guns Milton Keynes

#2 Post by saddler »

Had about three guns from him in the last 12 months of so...

Good to deal with, no issues & very cheap RFD-RFD charges.

On the last purchase, the rifle came with a spare magazine. On collecting it I noticed no spare in the box.
Phoned them the next day to check - they sent found the mag. & sent it up by 24 hour courier!!

The guns I have bought from them have all been well described. Not something that can be said about many in the trade...even had on Browning A5 that I called to collect in Glos. On checking it I noticed it was S.1 (but they'd sold it to me as S2 - coz "it came off an SGC & the owners had it for years!") Have heard of a few similar S2=S1 snafu's on my travels...
s.stimson
Home club or Range: Bristol Muzzle loaders

#3 Post by s.stimson »

I purchased a 6.5x47 Remington/AI last year from them, they were really helpful sending me photo's and info before I made the trip over to them. I got a cup of tea and a good chat from them when I went over to buy it. If they were a bit closer I would use them more often.
I own "pretendy" rifles and muzzle brakes, and I'm not afraid to to use them
bradaz11
Sporadic Site Supporter
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#4 Post by bradaz11 »

just don't advertise if you hang about for a night out over the road.... but you might spot froggy there, it's his kinda place
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
bnz41
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by bnz41 »

Thanks.....

goodjob
Plumose
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: D&DR&RC

#6 Post by Plumose »

A month or so back I bought a BSA Martini Intl from them, this week got a parcel in the post ad they had found some bits it came in with (another fore end, sling and hook).
Can't ask better than that
Deddington and District Rifle and Revolver Club (D&DR&RC) http://www.ddrrc.net
Furiouspilgrim
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: 49th

#7 Post by Furiouspilgrim »

Bought a pcp air rifle setup from them. Would happily use them again.
Rockhopper

#8 Post by Rockhopper »

saddler wrote:Had about three guns from him in the last 12 months of so...

Good to deal with, no issues & very cheap RFD-RFD charges.

On the last purchase, the rifle came with a spare magazine. On collecting it I noticed no spare in the box.
Phoned them the next day to check - they sent found the mag. & sent it up by 24 hour courier!!

The guns I have bought from them have all been well described. Not something that can be said about many in the trade...even had on Browning A5 that I called to collect in Glos. On checking it I noticed it was S.1 (but they'd sold it to me as S2 - coz "it came off an SGC & the owners had it for years!") Have heard of a few similar S2=S1 snafu's on my travels...
A friend of mine had the same issue with a brand new Beretta. Not from this dealer I hasten to add.
BamBam

#9 Post by BamBam »

bradaz11 wrote:just don't advertise if you hang about for a night out over the road.... but you might spot froggy there, it's his kinda place
Walked in there by accident did you?

jimbo303

#10 Post by jimbo303 »

12 + years ago I obtained a cracking Long Branch No4 from Colin and the other month a superb Uberti 1860 Army - which with Colin we concluded had probably never been fired.

From experience the quality of their stock is very high and a good range of pieces. Would recommend as very polite, informative and a peasure to deal with.
J