Bowtech, Birtley

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Bowtech, Birtley

#1 Post by Lever357 »

A friend took me to see Dave at Bowtech last Friday as he was selling a Uberti 1873 lever action. Proper gunsmiths with lathes, drills, and other machines in the workshop. Ended up buying the Uberti, ammunition, a Marlin .22 lever action and Dave threw in 250 rounds of .22, 2 gun slips and some cleaning gear at a very cheap price too. Very nice chap and good to deal with so would fully recommend.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: Bowtech, Birtley

#2 Post by saddler »

Scotsgun Rule Applies....will refrain from comment on negative experiences!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

Oh dear Saddler, who've you been annoying now?? lol

Dave at Bowtech is excellent, no nonsense, fair pricing and best of all only 5 miles from me. Sadly (for everyone else!) he's retiring this year so i'll have to find someone else to tolerate my daft little smithing jobs :cry:
DVC
GarethM
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: St Georges RPC and Tyne Valley (both using Ponteland Range)

#4 Post by GarethM »

Only used him once, but very happy with the service. I get the impression he has been intending to retire for years...
No matter how much you push the envelope,
it will always remain stationary.
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#5 Post by saddler »

Blackstuff wrote:Oh dear Saddler, who've you been annoying now?? lol

Dave at Bowtech is excellent, no nonsense, fair pricing and best of all only 5 miles from me. Sadly (for everyone else!) he's retiring this year so i'll have to find someone else to tolerate my daft little smithing jobs :cry:
Will PM you
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#6 Post by Lever357 »

Blackstuff wrote:Oh dear Saddler, who've you been annoying now?? lol

He did say he was winding down over the next 12 to 18 months.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#7 Post by mikygpu »

I know this is kinda old but does anyone has a contact for Bowtech or Dave?
I am trying to trace down a gun which has SN: DG471 but Mik at Dolphin Gun said he didn't build into a gun, he just sold the action to Bowtech RFD.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
Blackstuff

#8 Post by Blackstuff »

Yes, i spoke with him last week and he's still not managed to put the milling machine down yet!!
DVC
mikygpu
Home club or Range: W&DRC, LCRPC, NRA, NSRA, FCSA, Bisley range, Lydd45 and other where I am permitted to shoot

#9 Post by mikygpu »

Any email contact or website?
I was given a landline number, no answer, but I’ll keep trying.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing"
Socrates

I am here to learn!
Nobody was born knowledgeable...Except Jesus!
And maybe...just maybe...I might know something that some don't...like Romanian and Portuguese languages O:-)
Blackstuff

#10 Post by Blackstuff »

Theres only the landline, its best to try him in the afternoon and better Wed-Fri
DVC