Dauntsey Guns - well done

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Dauntsey Guns - well done

#1 Post by Lever357 »

I was after a product recently and after googling, found Dauntseys had them listed for just over £20 cheaper than most other providers. So went on their website to order but they were out of stock (probably because they were so cheap!!). Clicked on the box that says contact me when in stock and completed my email address. Received email last Thursday stating item in stock, ordered online Thursday night and product delivered Monday - result and good customer service.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
DL.

Re: Dauntsey Guns - well done

#2 Post by DL. »

I was quite impressed that they had a .50 BMG Barrett 99R when I called in late last year. bangbang
David Nimrod
Home club or Range: North Cotes Butts

#3 Post by David Nimrod »

Lever357 wrote:
...good customer service.
Excellent service from Dauntsey's :good:

Just goes to show what rubbish we sometimes put up with.

Every retailer should be this good, as standard.

But of course they aren't aaarggh
Please Wake Up Before Our Humanity Is Lost Forever
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

David Nimrod wrote:
Lever357 wrote:
...good customer service.
Excellent service from Dauntsey's :good:

Just goes to show what rubbish we sometimes put up with.

Every retailer should be this good, as standard.

But of course they aren't aaarggh
So true David. I am self employed and used be amazed when I rang a customer back and they would always say, "And thank you for calling me back." I'm thinking why wouldn't I, I'm selling something you want. I mentioned this to a few people and they all said well we rang three or four companies and you were the only one who called back.

Still on customer service but not gun related, I have just rang Truckman as I damaged me canopy yesterday - very helpful guy on the phone, confirmed exactly the parts I needed and when I queried fitting, said he would print out drawings of how to install the new hinges. So top marks to Truckman as well.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Brian838
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#5 Post by Brian838 »

They are always very helpful and friendly. I get all my kit from there as I only live round the corner :good:
Grizzly

#6 Post by Grizzly »

I live in Bristol and make the drive to Dauntsey Guns every time I need to restock on consumables. They have a good range for target shooters and normally have everything I need in stock. So a one stop shop for all my calibres and powders rather than having to order from multiple shops. Priced competitively and good service too.
Ash

Dauntsey Guns

#7 Post by Ash »

Just purchased my first firearm from these guys. I knew what I wanted and had already seen some good reviews written on here about them so I went straight to them with my order.

I collected it today and must have spent 45min chatting to the bloke with him showing my some rifles with no pressure to buy.

Very helpful

Cheers!
knewmans

#8 Post by knewmans »

Always had a good experience here both in person and online.
Berger
Home club or Range: Bisley

#9 Post by Berger »

I too buy from dauntsey guns. goodjob
James84

#10 Post by James84 »

I had a good buying experience from Dauntsey but I do have 2 comments.

They advertise they have a price match promise but when you go in and show them someone selling it cheaper and ask them to match it, their response is "well it would cost you that to drive there and get it so no." Whilst it's a valid point, to me it defeats the point in advertising a price match promise. In the end I bought something else from them and ordered the cheaper item online from the other supplier.

Second point is that I was told by a member of staff in there that newly manufactured PPU 303 is corrosively primed. I questioned this and they were adamant and stated that they had received an Enfield in that had only been shot with PPU and the barrel was rusted solid. I'm no expert but my research tells me PPU is not corrosive and I've never had an issue using it over the years. If someone else can confirm they're correct then I fully retract this one.

Other than these two points their customer service was excellent.