Dauntsey Guns - well done

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
miles
Home club or Range: Llandudno

Re: Dauntsey Guns - well done

#11 Post by miles »

" I suggest that you read and adhere to the forum rules in the forum header.

dromia

admin"
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#12 Post by BooBoo »

My two penny worth...

I switched to Clinton and Marlon not long after they set up. Over the last few years, they have repeatedly gone out of their way to provide excellent customer service at a very competitive price... and I would have no reservation in recommending them to all.

They are true to their word - you ask for something not in stock and they actually call you back (even after shop has shut in some cases). If you find something cheaper, they have always matched (and then some).

The kettle is always on... and you get good honest service that most other shops can only aspire to in my experience.

BW,

Simon
swotty
Home club or Range: FDPC & NRA

#13 Post by swotty »

Always had great service from them and their repackaged N140 is a pretty good price too!
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#14 Post by Dark Skies »

The chap at Dauntsey Guns was exceedingly patient when I was agonizing over and stripping a selection of their Colt Navy revolvers prior to purchase. I took at least an hour faffing around. They even let me haggle a more agreeable price. I've bought a lot more stuff since then and always came away happy.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
pbrazendale
Home club or Range: MRPC

#15 Post by pbrazendale »

Great experience from Dauntsey, drove down from Manchester to collect my Uberti 1873, great service couldn't fault it, great price as well.

Also recently ordered a couple of bits online tone delivered and once again prompt great service.

Just wished I lived closer to Wiltshire :-)

Sent from my boing using "An application"
sclg
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#16 Post by sclg »

Another vote for Dauntsey. Went down looking for advice on a lever action rifle and spent over an hour with Colin who was unfailingly helpful and very knowledgeable.
I've been before for consumable but this was the first time buying a gun.
Great service.
Steve
Plecotus
Home club or Range: Monmmouth & District Rifle Club, NRA, Chepstow Rifle Club

#17 Post by Plecotus »

I spent a very pleasant hour with Dauntsey Guns yesterday. It was a very good experience and as it's only an hour from here, I will be using them in the future for sure.
sclg
Site Supporter 2019
Home club or Range: Pipers Shooting Club

#18 Post by sclg »

Yup. Just got back from there with a nice shiny Sabatti MMR in .308 :D
Colin is very helpful and knowledgeable - I was there about 90 mins.
Gh0st
Home club or Range: FDPC

#19 Post by Gh0st »

Dauntsey is my local, they did me a huge favour storing my guns for an extended period.

Use them for ammo as well always get a nice welcome.
All views expressed are my own unless otherwise stated! So please take your time to consider my opinions as biased to what i think is best....

http://www.bulletsandpixels.co.uk www.fdpc.org.uk
jimbo303

#20 Post by jimbo303 »

I had my first trip to Dauntsey's last weekend.

The reason was that I am venturing in to C&B and wanted to have a sensible and informative discussion on a couple of points, and as I had a free day it was a perfect opportunity for a road trip with and to visit. I was steered to make the trip by the reviews on here and I have to say it was a very good experience. I was met at the door by a member of staff who asked politely how they could help me. This was far from that very often encountered agressive weeding out tyre kicker approach that some Gun Shops have - where you almost need to have yoru FAC in your hand waving it like passing through Passport Control to be taken seriously. He then went and spoke with Clint I beieve it was, who was in the rear Gun Room and who said he would be with me in a moment. I then told him where I was at and what I was after and the couple of questions I had were answered clearly and knowldgeably.

A pleasurable experience all round and will have them at the top of my list for future requirements. This I might add was in total and absolute contrast to a telephone enquiry I made to another well known (not sure if by reputation or advertising) Dealer, who was most rude, fundamentally incorrect in his statements and will not be ever directly receiving any of my business.

Well done to Dauntsey's !