Buying from IMA USA, is it worth it ?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
James84

Re: Buying from IMA USA, is it worth it ?

#11 Post by James84 »

I recently bought a Martini-Henry Mk4 and a British made Snider (not one of the Nepalese made ones) from IMA as they had a sale on. I got the Mk4, cleaned and complete along with handpicking and the Snider, which was a one-off, together. I saved (including shipping) around £500-600 over the best prices I could find in the UK.

There were a few people online saying all their decent M-H were long gone but the Mk4 I received looks 'new'. Not a spot of rust, excellent bore and the head spacing is as though it has never been fired. From ordering to delivery it was 8 days. The only thing I was almost stung by was the fact that UPS charge you for every day they have it in their mitts unless I paid the invoice they sent me that morning by 12pm the same day.

IMA were speedy and the 2 rifles were in excellent condition. Especially the Snider.
safetyfirst
Past Supporter

#12 Post by safetyfirst »

I’m confused. Who puts it on your ticket?
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#13 Post by Mattnall »

safetyfirst wrote:I’m confused. Who puts it on your ticket?
If it needs to go on the fac (ie section 1 and not an antique) then you write it on as you are the one importing it.
If it comes via a dealer in the UK then that dealer will put it on after proofing.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#14 Post by FredB »

We are talking section 58 obsolete calibre here---they don't need to be on ticket unless you need to shoot them. If you get a variation, you can add them to your certificate yourself. They are British, already proofed and do not need to be re-proofed. I would strongly recommend that you do not get any antique re-proofed.
Fred