New barrel on Ar15

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Rburro2
Home club or Range: Uttoxeter rifle club

New barrel on Ar15

#1 Post by Rburro2 »

Whats a fair price for this I have recently heard of someone being charged £950.00 to rebarrel an AR15. Not sure of the cost of a profilled blank from sassen engineering but that seems an awful lot of money. Anyone had one done recently at a better price
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

Re: New barrel on Ar15

#2 Post by breacher »

Rburro2 wrote:Whats a fair price for this I have recently heard of someone being charged £950.00 to rebarrel an AR15. Not sure of the cost of a profilled blank from sassen engineering but that seems an awful lot of money. Anyone had one done recently at a better price
Mark Bradley just rebarreled mine.

17" Walther barrel and it was a LOT less than that !
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire
Gundoc
Home club or Range: Triple C Tactical

#3 Post by Gundoc »

was it a proof research carbon fibre? because that sounds about right for one of those
Yes, I work for Lantac.
The Gun Pimp

#4 Post by The Gun Pimp »

Rburro2 wrote:Whats a fair price for this I have recently heard of someone being charged £950.00 to rebarrel an AR15. Not sure of the cost of a profilled blank from sassen engineering but that seems an awful lot of money. Anyone had one done recently at a better price
Check out Fox Firearms - they do ready chambered drop in barrels for the AR in various lengths and profiles.
Rburro2

#5 Post by Rburro2 »

I have spoke to a reputable AR builder in the UK and the price for a sassen engineering barrel. Chambered,screw cut, cerekoted black, brake timed and sent to be proofed. Should be no more than £600.00 including VAT. So there we have it If your being charged £950.00 for exactly what I've put above your being robbed.
Dellboy
Site Supporter 2021
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#6 Post by Dellboy »

Everyone has there own labour rates ,after all a bloke down the road will service your car for £50 labour but a main dealer will be considerably more wont it ?
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

Rburro2

#7 Post by Rburro2 »

I agree with that but £350 more I'm sorry thats robbery. In sunnary have your AR15 rebarelled at BRADLEY ARMS his is the most competitive price I can find for the same service. He's like ronseal does exactly what it says in the Tin.
Dunc
Home club or Range: Marlow

#8 Post by Dunc »

Mark Bradley has just re-barreled mine with a Walther barrel and it's doing a fine job. Accuracy is beyond what I could reasonably expect with a 18" barrel and GGG 62gr.

He was MUCH less than the OP quote and was very helpful and quick.
Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#9 Post by Airbrush »

Walther barrels are the new 'Black.'
breacher
Home club or Range: EBSC

#10 Post by breacher »

Airbrush wrote:Walther barrels are the new 'Black.'
Mine is in Patriot Brown. Black is very last year.

Looking forward to giving it its first outing at CSR.
http://www.phoenixtactical.co.uk

RFD 2043 Cambridgeshire