Best places to advertise guns for sale?

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
BamBam

Re: Best places to advertise guns for sale?

#11 Post by BamBam »

I've not sold a rifle on here, but airgunBBS and UK Varminting I've had better luck
strangesam
Home club or Range: Invicta Bristol, Frome and District PC

#12 Post by strangesam »

twiz1983 wrote:Relatively new at this specific club. But will let a few people know as well.

I need to get down to FDPC as they do a lot of Practical Shotgun and I am looking to shift a Benelli M2.
Email the FDPC committee and they may well send it out to the members..
Lancs Lad
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle / Altcar and anywhere else that will have me.

#13 Post by Lancs Lad »

Les wrote:I've always had good success with Gunstar. If the gun is priced right, it'll sell. If you're prepared to do a RFD-RFD transfer, it might help the sale.

A lot of people are still skint after the lockdown etc, so money might be a bit tight at the moment. I had to wait a while for my last sale a month or so ago.
I have had similar experiences with Gunstar. No problem selling 2 x rifles. I found that having good photos / description and a realistic price along with a flexible approach to transfer were invaluable.

:flag13: LL
twiz1983

#14 Post by twiz1983 »

Post edited as user is not allowed to post for sale items.
twiz1983

#15 Post by twiz1983 »

Apologies I was not posting anything for sale. Just replying to people commenting on my price being to high etc.

However as I am not allowed to mention exact prices. Suffice to the sale. The item in question is very keenly priced and I have mentioned RFD to RFD transfer.
Jamesthut
Home club or Range: London Historic Shooting Club

#16 Post by Jamesthut »

I've used Gunwatch.co.uk to sell before. You get one free advert a year I believe. I think the advert also only lasts a certain amount of time, but I forget how long.
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#17 Post by FB66 »

I've used www.forum.stirton.com a few times