Buying Online

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

Buying Online

#1 Post by Lever357 »

Even though the latest Government proposals are just that, proposals and nothing has been finalised as the consultation period has not ended, I have already seen one retailer state on their website that they need to see a copy of the front page of your FAC and the page detailing your authorised ammunition holdings before they will sell you bullets on line. Their reason stated - "in light of heightened security across the UK"!!!!
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

Re: Buying Online

#2 Post by Mattnall »

Apart from the misinformation with their reason, the retailer is free to add any conditions they like, it's up to the consumer to either comply or find another seller.

I don't like lying when it comes to this but as with many things firearms related many do not know the law or the rules properly and some are even using outdated rules to work with as they haven't been made aware or tried to find out for themselves. So much 'knowledge' is from the bloke on the range/at the club/etc. and not actually true. Ask them why they want this when it is not the law and if you don't get a satisfactory answer go somewhere else.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
FB66
Home club or Range: Bedford & LMRA Bisley

#3 Post by FB66 »

Surely an RFD /shop would have to take the same reasonable steps as if you were "selling in person" and filling out the sale on your FAC. Hence they want the front cover and the section for ammunition
Lever357
Home club or Range: Louisa Centre

#4 Post by Lever357 »

FB66 wrote:Surely an RFD /shop would have to take the same reasonable steps as if you were "selling in person" and filling out the sale on your FAC. Hence they want the front cover and the section for ammunition
No need to fill out FAC when buying bullets; ammunition yes but not bullets.
Remember, we're all here because we're not all there!
Mattnall
Site Supporter Since 2016
Home club or Range: Harlow TAC, NRA, BSRC

#5 Post by Mattnall »

Oh, you mean heads. :twisted:
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

In the good old days expanding projectiles had to be entered onto an FAC and could only be sold to a person with the necessary authority to possess. This changed in March 2016 (From memory) These days I take copies of all relevant pages of an FAC or SGC if I enter something onto it or the gun is left at our premises, be it for service, repair or whatever.

As an aside, I often see mistakes on the certificates so keeping copies of everything is well worth the effort.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
FredB
Site Supporter Since 2019
Home club or Range: stourport

#7 Post by FredB »

If those where the good old days, you are not very old!
Fred
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Thank you Fred :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal