Anyone used "optics-trade.eu"??

Had a good experience with a gun shop or rifle maker? Found a good deal? Tell us about it. Had a bad experience, TELL THE GUN SHOP!

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Posting of negative comments in the Gunshop section could bring unwanted criticism on the forum, having said that it is important to let members know if dealings with a Gunshop were less than ideal for you. To that end we will allow what will be known as the 'Scotsgun Ruling'

The Scotsgun Ruling:

>Add Gun Shop here<

"As I've yet to have a 'positive' experience there, I'll refrain from commenting further."

Beyond that please take it up with the Gunshop, if you do resolve the issue in a agreeable manner let us know!

This rule applies to the entire forum.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

Anyone used "optics-trade.eu"??

#1 Post by Daryll »

I'm looking for a 20MOA scope base for my Mossberg MVP, and about the only place I can find one, (outside the US), is optics-trade.eu.

Anyone dealt with them..?

TIA

Daryll.
Triffid
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Wey Valley

Re: Anyone used "optics-trade.eu"??

#2 Post by Triffid »

Yes, I had a Sightron from them a couple of years ago.
Company were fine to deal with and spoke perfect English when I rand them. My only problem was getting the payment authorised by my credit card company as the first one hit one of their fraud triggers.
But once that was sorted out no problems at all and I'd happily use them again (having pre-warned my credit-card company!).

Triffid
Rockhopper

#3 Post by Rockhopper »

Don't forget VAT and import duty etc
Polchraine

#4 Post by Polchraine »

Just be aware that the prices are ex-VAT and as they use carriers such as DHL and UPS they will charge the full 20%VAT plus and duty on the items plus a potential handling fee.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#5 Post by DaveB »

I just got a 1-8x24 LPVO from Primary Arms from them. It got here (New Zealand) in perfect condition in surprisingly short order. I would happily deal with them again.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

Yes i've bought from the twice with no issues, both times the items arrived in short order. Both last year though so I don't know what the score is for VAT etc now, but there was none to pay then.

I will say though I ordered a trigger from a large gun shop/outfit based in Estonia last week and it arrived without any VAT/import duties to pay. (Courier UPS)
DVC
kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

#7 Post by kennyc »

not quite the same, but I have recently bought stuff in from Finland, and for orders above £135 the VAT is not charged by the shop, you pay that with a handling charge before delivery to the carriers , for stuff under, the VAT is paid to the shop and they sort it out with the UK Gov, both ways meant less than 48hrs from order to delivery and the cost was almost the same as before the change, that of course is a multi million pound org who are on the ball, smaller concerns may/may not have the same efficiency.
Daryll
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: Isle Target Sports Club

#8 Post by Daryll »

Ok, thanks All, sounds a decent company..

I don't think they have the scope base in stock, as they're saying it will be over a month, so they'll probably have to order from the US then send to me..!
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#9 Post by Blackstuff »

Thats exactly what they'll be waiting on, along with everyone else.

With Grabby Grampa Joe in office there's going to be a worldwide shortage of shooting/gun related items for the next 4 years whilst the Yank market devours the world supply unfortunately.
DVC